Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a used M750 2001...While riding the tach bombs out and one of the cyclinders dies...I've replaced the plugs but the problem is still occuring...The plugs I replaced were very very dirty....Any advice/ideas???

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
sounds like carb problems with it running too rich or weak ignition spark. needs a date with the mechanic, I don't do electrical problems. Good luck.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Definitely electrical. If you want to save money, get yourself a shop manual and a multimeter and start tracing wires. I've seen the symptoms you are describing before and each time it was a different problem. The most unusual cause was a faulty kill switch on the bike! It took me 3 weeks to figure that one out!

One quick question... When the tach is bouncing around, is the engine reving to the same speeds the tach is indicating? If it is not, then it is definitely an electrical problem.

How long was the bike sitting before you bought it?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice - a 375cc Desmo!

Try following the plug wires to the cellinoid (sp?) These should be under the tank, between the airfilter and battery. Make sure all wires are connected. Since the tach is electrical and one of the cylinders is not firing, these may be related.

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts