Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 gsxr 750 (fuel injected) that io am having problems with in the high revs. what it does is keeps "bogging out" or kills the engines, especially when you ride it hard. i suspect it is a fuel problem, but im not sure. i do have a dyno jet on it (the original one)which it could be the problem but before i go and buy i would like to know if anyone else ever had this problem. thanks

------------------
Trying is the first step towards failure.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
one quick question, is the battery fuly charged? if the battery isn't up to snuff it can do that too.

where in scranton? i live in pittston.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya its a brand new battery.... i do know that my kickstand is loose, and can be using the kill switch but it happens in the high revs.
and i live on moosic st

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
you can check the kick stand problem by taping the kill switch plunger down. don't forget to put a penny against the plunger, so it doesn't tear through the tape (easily).

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by cbrf2boy:
one quick question, is the battery fuly charged? if the battery isn't up to snuff it can do that too.

Seriously, cbrf2boy is right....even a new battery with just a surface charge can cause the symptoms you have described. If the bike is running at higher revs than it had in the past, due to the jet change, you might not have experienced it before.

If you have access to a hydrometer, and can get to the individual cells of the battery, check it out. Check out the charging circut as well, to make sure you are getting a full charge into the battery.

I know it sounds unrelated, but I have run into this before.

------------------
"After all, we ARE professionals, here."

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
They make Dynojet kits for fuel injected
bikes.. Somebody put me back on the boat
here..!?!?!

How 'high' are the revs when it breaks up?

------------------
If the front wheel's in the air, Your front tire you will spare.

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited July 06, 2000).]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chris,

I was thinking the same exact thing. :)

But as for the problem my friends 98 GSXR 750, had a chip problem that was not delivering enough full, but he changed out his computer.

------------------
-Erik
'98 900RR
Stage 1 Jets
D&D exhaust
Braided Brake lines
misc, cosmetics

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i think he means a dynojet power commander ii. which could possibly cause an electrical-type problem.

i had a powerpak in my f2 and the bike won't stay running below 2000 rpm. it sucks when you're trying to start it. after trying everything else, including a trip to the shop, they asked if i had the stock box, brought it down, it started and ran fine.

anyway, i still think the battery is the mostly source, charge the crap out of it. you can try the penny trick though to check your side stand plunger problem

------------------
Tony

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SORRY I DID MEAN DYNOJET POWER COMMANDER (ITS NOT THE SECOND ONE BUT THE ORIGINAL, LESS YOU CAN PROGRAM). BUT ANYWAYS I DO THE NEED THE POWER COMMANDER BECAUSE I DISCONNECTED IT AND IT RAN LIKE SHIT IT KEPT BACK FIRING AND HAD NO POWER, I THINK THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT I DONT HAVE THE STOCK HEADERS OR PIPE ON THERE. THE BRACKET TO MY KICKSTAND IS OBLONG SO IT IS GIVING THE KICKSTAND TOO MUCH MOVEMENT (ORDERED IT TODAY, $65 FOR A PIECE OF METAL WHAT A RIP, BUT ITS STILL UNDER WARRENTY) AND I ORDERED THE POWER COMMANDER II ALSO TODAY) SO IF THIS AND A BATTERY CHECK DOESNT WORK, ANYONE WANT TO BUY A 98" GIXXER?? :) btw sorry for the caps

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts