Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was my own fault. Going down to the river, I had told myself to take it a little easier going into the corners where they were cutting grass on the side of the road today. I listened....at first. I love going down to the river. The road is twisty enough to be a challenge, and the view is enough to make you ride the road even if it was born straight. On the way back, because I had no problems coming down, I got a little more into braking, leaning, and then throttling out. Coming into the first corner that the state had mowed around today, I met my first slider. The moral of the story is to watch out for the grass this time of year, cause it's quite slippery.

I was really lucky. I had a nice little get off at 60, and all that I got was a scraped knee. My bike came to a halt in the middle of the road, and all it had was a little scraping action. Well, quite a bit, but nothing too costly. Should all be under 400 bucks. I hope. Bent the clutch lever, and I may have bent my left handle bar ever so slightly. Does anyone know where I can get that for a good price? What about aftermarket tail sections? I took a nice little chunk out of it from all of the grinding. The fairing is scratched a little too. I heard something on here before about repairing plastic.....can anyone point me in the right direction there?

One more word about protective equipment. I was wearing a jacket, gloves and a helmet, and boots. I wish that I had on knee protectors or leather pants, but I didn't. I don't own any. That will probably be my next investment. Anyway, the gloves saved my ass......literally. I was sliding on my knee, and then I turned, then realized I was sliding on my ass. Not good. So then I just took the weight off with my hands. I probably slid another 30-40 ft on my hands. All in all, it was pretty wild, but I am not mad. I consider myself lucky that I got off with such a light penalty for bad judgement, and one more lessing learned. Hope that someone gets some use out of this, cause this is humiliating as hell.... :rolleyes:

bRad

·
Registered
46 Posts
Woah-- bummer man, but at least you're walking.

I really don't think your wreck is all that humiliating though considering I recently laid down my buddy's bike carving a wicked 15mph left turn. heheheeh yeah, I suck. :)

edit: why do i only have 6 posts? I distinctly remember having AT LEAST 30 posts before the server mahem. :)

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
ryannapoleon said:
edit: why do i only have 6 posts? I distinctly remember having AT LEAST 30 posts before the server mahem. :)
Check out Robert's announcements for the answer. It's not the amount of posts I lost that bugs me, it's that rat story I posted that I don't want to have to re-type :( .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts