Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the assembly begin! Got the Duc suspension and brakes remounted and working, all the little chrome bits in place and now it's off to the fuel system we go. Paint is scheduled for completion this coming weekend ( graphics and one more full coat of Candy Red & Tons of Clear). I should be able to get a couple miles on it before heading out to Laguna Seca on the 22nd.
More complete photos to be posted in the next week (or so)...

DT996

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another update: got it fully assembled and rode for 100 miles to guarantee everything is in order before getting to final paint stage. Damn, this beast rides good! Haven't been giddy like this for some time...:drool:

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
very cool... .... you doing your own paint?

E.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
very cool... .... you doing your own paint?
Thanks, the paintwork is by my own hands. Talk about some serious fun 'till the wee hours of the morning!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It's FRIGGIN DONE!!!!!

It is official! I have completed assembling the Duc and all things are in order for Laguna Seca this weekend. Talk about getting 'er done! This was some challenge to assemble/disassemble numerous times all for the sake of getting it right and making it stand out just a bit.

Can't wait to ride to work in the morning and shave half off the 13 minute commute time! Thanks for all the comments and look for the end of winter for Phase 2 of the Duc resto/mod: Wheels and all nuts/bolts chromed and more extensive paint & restoration of motor & suspension.

Let's ride !:twofinger

Attachments

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Re: It's FRIGGIN DONE!!!!!

DT996 said:
It is official! I have completed assembling the Duc and all things are in order for Laguna Seca this weekend.
:drool: F'n A that is one hot lookin bike...... I'm so jealous double fold now knowing you're going to Laguna Seca as well... I have been sooo wanting to go back.. ain't been there to see a race since I was stationed in CA back in 1992 and before...

E.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts