Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of/heard of/have experience with manufacturers of custom race plastics/fiberglass? Instead of taking a bath on selling my Falco, I'm thinking about having a set of plastics made for it and turning it into a track/race bike. I assume this means the plastics would have to be molded from the parts already on the bike, and then have some parts manufactured from scratch (i.e. belly pan). Anyone done anything like this before? Can this be done for a reasonable cost? Any info appreciated. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
airtech probably has an upper and tail for the falco. they may have a lower too. if you just want a lower, you have a few options. you can mount the lower from another bike (like tristan did to his sv650). that's probably the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FZR400Tony said:
airtech probably has an upper and tail for the falco. they may have a lower too. if you just want a lower, you have a few options. you can mount the lower from another bike (like tristan did to his sv650). that's probably the best way to go.
Just checked their website- nothing (not even for the Mille?). I guess I'll give em a call.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Mike :thumb:

I have a friend that is gifted with ABS bodywork and builds custom panels. He and a partner are beginning to fabricate glass products too.
He does work for riders/racers nation wide.

Contact Randy @ 909.355.3427 OR http://fontanamotorcycles.com :cool:

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Stake said:

Just checked their website- nothing (not even for the Mille?). I guess I'll give em a call.
A friend of mine is in the same boat with his TT600. I called Air Tech and spoke with Andrew.

THE GOOD NEWS: If you give them your body work, they will use them to make their mold and give you a set free.

THE BAD NEWS: They will badly scuff up your bodywork in the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts