Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to show off the paintjob on my VFR.
I have not got it back yet but I got a picture of it e-mailed to me. I think some of the VFR guys will not be to impressed with it
but I like it so that is all that matters!! http://www.passionauto.ab.ca/lcatt/custom/brushedx.html

------------------
What was the best thing before sliced bread?
Landon
92 viffer

[This message has been edited by vfr750pilot (edited September 15, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Kinda the Beemer look? Looks nice! :D

------------------
"I never had a cavity until I went to the dentist." -ex girlfriend's mother

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When my friend wanted to airbrush it I thought he was crazy (Airbrush on a sportbike!?!) So I searched all over the net to try to find a good design. I didn't want a mural, yuck. I came across a stock beemer and thought maybe I could incorperate a checkered flag so thats what we did.

------------------
Landon
92 viffer

·
Registered
53 Posts
Very nice bub! Wish I had the extra cash to do something creative like that on my blackbird! So, how much did that cost?

------------------
"Keep the rubber side down" Prometheus...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my friend did it for about 300 bucks!! he wanted to get into bike/car painting and since I go to every car show I can. he figured it would be great advertising. He said it should have been about $1500 or so.

------------------
Landon
92 viffer

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks great, one thing though. They painted the front guard without removing it, was this part of the plan?

Ross :)

------------------
He who dies with the most toys "wins"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes he wanted the whole front yellow. I am going to powdercoat the front wheel yellow. I havn't decided what color to do the back one yet

------------------
Landon
92 viffer

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ross:
They painted the front guard without removing it, was this part of the plan?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, I was curious about the paint job being done while all the plastic was still on the bike, too. Was it taken off for the paint prep work, like stripping the wax and sanding, then put back on for the paint job? :confused:

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I saw that very same paint job on a VFR 800 Intercepter last weekend in North Carolina. Of course he had the Yellow already so they had to paint the rest a metallic black. He also got the idea from a BMW. It is almost Identical. Wow! :confused:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought my paint job was unique. Now I am going to have to repaint it!!
Damn

------------------
curiousity killed the cat but for a while I was a suspect!!
Landon
92 viffer

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vfr750pilot:
I thought my paint job was unique. Now I am going to have to repaint it!!
Damn

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't do it... I was just messing with you. :D :p

The paint job looks nice but I just couldn't avoid the opportunity to mess with you.

I did the same thing to a girl in High School who thought her prom dress was unique. :D I told her that Pete had the same dress. :eek: Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know I'm mean. ;)

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish you replied sooner I already started sanding :eek:
I am glad you were kidding. I thought no way is that possible but stranger things have happened. I didn't even plan on that paint job when I started. I just wanted a flag on the black bike. Then he started playing with the airbrush and one thing led to another!!

------------------
curiousity killed the cat but for a while I was a suspect!!
Landon
92 viffer

[This message has been edited by vfr750pilot (edited September 18, 2000).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts