Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is a good place to get a custom map made? How much should I expect to pay? I also dont want to leave my bike for weeks waiting for it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
where do you live first?
Yahoo usually sends you on a weird route....mapquest is usually pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im sorry, Im in Roseville. its for a 2003 R1 with full graves exhaust, pc, k&n filter, and Vstacks. I have the Graves map for it but im not very impressed with it.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
old school said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

ehhhhhhhhh . . . yep

hope this helped!

take the bike to Judge --- he'll do it!
Judge will not mess with it...Cafe Concepts....ask for Jeff...tell him I sent ya.....14 Mile and Kelly.....I do not have the patience to mess with someones fuelie bike without a dyno....and honestly too many people think that a dyno tuned custom map will solve all of their problems and gain them eleventybillion horsepower....so it is not worht my time....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks!
did Cafe Concepts use to be 14 and groesbeck area? I got new tires there before.

Im not looking for dyno power, Im looking for it to run good through the rpm range. When it cooler outside it runs good (50 degrees) but when it gets hot above 80 in runs like garbage with a lot of hesitation and backfiring. I think its running to rich.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
hoopie said:
thanks!
did Cafe Concepts use to be 14 and groesbeck area? I got new tires there before.

Im not looking for dyno power, Im looking for it to run good through the rpm range. When it cooler outside it runs good (50 degrees) but when it gets hot above 80 in runs like garbage with a lot of hesitation and backfiring. I think its running to rich.
That is where they are....between groesbeck and gratiot at the corner of 14 and Kelley

·
Registered
185 Posts
I made the one for my RC51 my self, I tried about 5 differant maps and took notes on what I liked about each one and then used just the parts I liked from the maps I used.

One idles and started good so I used that map for the idle area, one had real good top end so I used the top end from that map, one worked real good just above idle so I used that one just above idle, Ithink you ge the point now.

It took a few rides to get right but it was never so far off it was unrideable.

The big issue with my bike was right around where the flapper valve had been kicking in. Also with the 51 the bike is real picky with the idle area to get it to start and run well when cold.

·
I like my bike like I like my girl - Nekkid
1,142 Posts
HRC NICK 11 said:
I made the one for my RC51 my self, I tried about 5 differant maps and took notes on what I liked about each one and then used just the parts I liked from the maps I used.

One idles and started good so I used that map for the idle area, one had real good top end so I used the top end from that map, one worked real good just above idle so I used that one just above idle, Ithink you ge the point now.

It took a few rides to get right but it was never so far off it was unrideable.

The big issue with my bike was right around where the flapper valve had been kicking in. Also with the 51 the bike is real picky with the idle area to get it to start and run well when cold.
Thats not a very smart idea if you ask me. The entire point about tuning is to have a good safe consistant tune. Your tune is more than likely lean, when you say "good" then that usually means it feals the fastest correct? well if thats the case, the leaner you are the faster your bike iwll be. It isn't safe tho,

Just my :2cents:

-Nick

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
For you fuelie guys....I would recommend a wideband O2 sensor setup...especially those that have exhaust/maps done....it is alot cheaper than a new engine. I will be running the innovative setup (like 400 with gauge/sensor and wiring)....in my Turbo Car....it is realtime numbers...not a rich/lean thing like the cheapo setups and the gauge is only like .750" thick.....

Tuning yourself without one is stupid....it is a good way to melt pistons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know enough about it to brake it so i will leave it to someone who is a professional at it. I dont feel like melting my pistons trying to save a couple hunderd. If you can afford the full exhaust and such you can afford to get it tuned properly. besides if you dont your not really getting the most of what you paid for.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thats not a very smart idea if you ask me. The entire point about tuning is to have a good safe consistant tune. Your tune is more than likely lean, when you say "good" then that usually means it feals the fastest correct? well if thats the case, the leaner you are the faster your bike iwll be. It isn't safe tho,

My sparkplugs and fuel mileage says your wrong.

Most of what I used was taken from other slip-on maps that were working on other bikes that I tweeked slightly.

Oh and for the record anytime I have taken a bike to a dyno (a lot of times being that a friend had one in his garage) my jetting seat of the pants was as good as the dyno could do and yes we used a self heated exhast probe and a checked exhast gas temps.

Your bike will lean surge long before it starts burning pistons we are not talking 2 strokes or NOS here. P.S. You ever seen a chocolate brown spark plug with 30,000 miles on it, the ones from my F3 were that way and they were only a year and a half old.

Dynos are great but you better hope the operator knows what he is doing other wise its useless. I have seen far to many dyno operators give high HP numbers and the bike rode like shit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts