Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a buddy to make me up some LED turnsignals for the rear. I think they turned out not too bad. Should fit perfectly under the tail of my TT

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Papachulu said:
So thats where those UFO formation pics came from...:twofinger
So there IS something to that "little" green men thing. They're so little, they gotta hitch a ride off a motorcycle.

DMan, looks cool. Now that's what I call custom, when no one else gotz what you gotz! :twofinger

Should see if you can put a diffuser lens on it to make it a little more visible.

·
Registered
20 Posts
DaDuck748 said:

when no one else gotz what you gotz! :twofinger
look at the r1 pic....right where the passenger pegs mount to the frame.i do have to admit though...i never thought of the lego idea.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to pay thanks to Prowler, I saw your pics a while ago, thats where I got the idea. I just couldn't remember whose they were to thank you earlier. I'm trying to figure out some kind of lense for them. So far I have only come up with a piece off of a broken tail light from a car. Don't know if it will work or not

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
How about some amber/orange acrylic? There is acrylic glue that fuses the pieces together. Then bead blast the inside with a course aluminum oxide?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've been looking into leds for my bike... im going to drill my lens and stick them through it... there is alot to look for when looking at leds... the angle of the light and brightness... i found that red seem less bright then a yellow at the same brightness (mcd)... im going to go with 40 red at 10,000mcd each for the break and 24 yellow at 5000cmd for each turn... Have to let the cagers know your there some way... Pity the sole behind me at night... :eek:

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
mech460 said:
I've been looking into leds for my bike... im going to drill my lens and stick them through it... there is alot to look for when looking at leds... the angle of the light and brightness... i found that red seem less bright then a yellow at the same brightness (mcd)... im going to go with 40 red at 10,000mcd each for the break and 24 yellow at 5000cmd for each turn... Have to let the cagers know your there some way... Pity the sole behind me at night... :eek:

Sounds like a good setup. Can you post pictures of the finished product?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had to look all over for a minute to find them. Very impressive, since the whole idea is to have a clean look where you don't notice them at all, unless they come on! Care to share any tips on how to make them?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just ordered my leds tonight... right around $50.00 for 50 red and 65 yellow.. I had to use two sites to find them,

http://www.eled.com/product.asp?catalog_name=LEDs&category_name=&product_id=E53SEC-H

http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm

These are the best priced that i could find..

One other thing, they are only 2volt.. so you have to wire them 6 in series, this way you do not need voltage drop resistors..

I will post more and photos when i start cuting into it..
:thumbs2: :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think if he wired six of them to pull 12 volts, it might flash at close to a normal rate, but I'm not sure...I can't recall what exactly causes the LEDs to flash faster than incandescant? Something to do w/ resistance?:confused:

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could wire a whole lot of them and they would still flash fast, they don't have any to very little resistance compared to a bulb. I slowed mine down by adding a resistor that matched the factory turn bulbs resistance.

Looks really good Dman, took me a few to find them too!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have been busy havent had time to post... havent realy done much with it. but for an update... this first photo is me masking the lens for where the holes should be..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts