Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

I've done some crosswind landings with the pedals at the stops, but this guy had a serious ego problem. Feel sorry for anybody with a window seat.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Me too! In fact, the airport where I did most of my PPL training had its main runway out of service for several months, so almost all of my landings during training were crosswind.

But it looked like that pilot made no attempt to slip the plane - I know that A320's are fly-by-wire, I wonder if the flight computer doesn't allow cross control maneuvers.

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But it looked like that pilot made no attempt to slip the plane - I know that A320's are fly-by-wire, I wonder if the flight computer doesn't allow cross control maneuvers.
How useless would that be? I think it would have to allow for some compensation. You can only crab for so long because you do NOT want to get too close to the runway in a wing-down situation when you have a wingspan of 110+ feet. I think they have to level the wings and just plant the mains. The landing gear can take a lot of side-load on those planes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts