Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was calling around for quotes on 2001 ZX7R and a company I called gave me a quote of
$410 for a year. I also have 2 pts., I asked them to double check and I also called my Insurance agent to see if this was true. He said it was just for that particular bike.....Is this really true because I got other quotes much higher than this from other places. I live in Delaware and I'm 30 yrs old.

Does any one own the yellow and blck ZX7R if so can you send me pics or do you know where i can see some pics of a new ZX7R in yellow and black..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you refer to the bike as a "Ninja" or a ZX7R cause the same thing happened to me until they realized that a ZX6 was listed in the ninja category. Just a thought.

P

·
0 Posts
RCjohn said:
It sounds reasonable to me. :)
You don't count, TurdMeister.

Rates vary greatly by geographic regions, so it's hard for someone from outside your area to comment, but maybe they quoted you for a ZR7 instead of a ZX7R. If that's the case, haul your ass down there and sign the papers! ;)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Pete said:

You don't count, TurdMeister.

Rates vary greatly by geographic regions, so it's hard for someone from outside your area to comment, but maybe they quoted you for a ZR7 instead of a ZX7R. If that's the case, haul your ass down there and sign the papers! ;)
My friends call me TM. You can call me Mr. Meister. :eek:

He's in Delaware, how tough can that be. Geez. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
RCjohn said:

My friends call me TM. You can call me Mr. Meister. :eek:

He's in Delaware, how tough can that be. Geez. :D
Hey I've lived in Delaware most of my life! North Wilmington.

30 min to Philadelphia
30 min to West Chester (QVC, Vangard, others are based near WC)
15 min to Newark (MBNA - the biggest credit card co in the world)
2 hours to New York
2 hours to Washington DC
1.5 hours to New Jersey shores (Cape May, Ocean City, Avalon, etc)
2 hours to Rehoboth Beach (quite a bit of limp wrists there but it's not a bad place)
1 hour to Poconos (lots of skiing)
1 hour to Chesapeak bay (fishing, sailing, etc)

Anyway, while there is NOTHING to do IN Delaware, at least there is quite a bit NEARBY. Personally, I have taken advantage of the accessibility of Philly and NJ beaches the most.

Moderator: Sorry for the off topic but we Delawareans are so few we gotta stick together.

·
Registered
85 Posts
eh? only 400?

You know, we here in Sweden can pay 5400 dollars for a full insurance on the CBR 900.. I think that is just sick to the bones. :)

Me personally own a ZXR 400 '92.. I've put it on my parents and still I pay close to 400 dollars for the insurance. Sucks!

·
Registered
289 Posts
GEEZ!!

marc92470 said:
I was calling around for quotes on 2001 ZX7R and a company I called gave me a quote of
$410 for a year. I also have 2 pts., I asked them to double check and I also called my Insurance agent to see if this was true. He said it was just for that particular bike.....Is this really true because I got other quotes much higher than this from other places. I live in Delaware and I'm 30 yrs old.

Does any one own the yellow and blck ZX7R if so can you send me pics or do you know where i can see some pics of a new ZX7R in yellow and black..

I wish I could $410 a year for my bike. I had to sell my TL1000R because they wanted $2,900.00 a year just because of my age and the cc's of the bike. Now that I have a 2000 748 Ducati I'm paying $1,258.00 a year and thats full coverage with a discount for me being married and a discount for being an AMA member. Can't wait until I turn 25 so this crap will drop down. They told me that I would pay about $300.00 a year when I turn 25.....Good Grief Charlie Brown!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
age is everything

Your age has everything to do with it. I am 33 years old, married, and I pay $600.00 a year for full coverage. The bad: no rider or health insurance on either of us:(
Our private insurance cover this.

You 18-25 years olds get ready to pay. I did. When you get older the premiums will drop, mine did. Not a bad quote for your age. You need to see "what" they will cover also. If it seems rational, go for it :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: Under 25

jj2f1 said:
I am also under 25 and the quotes that I have found are high, but I would try Progressive. I think they have the best bike rates.
Mine is with Progressive. $1,258.00 per year full.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 31, and pay a whopping $81 a year for insurance on my '82 Seca 550 ... :)

Of course that's liability only, but that is what I pay per month for my car insurance. I use Geico right now but later when I get a real sportbike and want full coverage I'll probably switch to either State Farm or Progressive. They are both cheaper than Geico until I turn 35, then Geico goes way down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
insurance

pay £103 for zzr1100 [$130]?
been riding accident free 30years[thats what ins thinks
anyway] and i am 46 year old
that helps.

ralph

·
Registered
987 Posts
I've seen quite a few posts regarding insurance rates, and it seems that here in the US, the best rates come from Farmer's and State Farm. Don't believe that lyin' ass Geico lizard!

·
Registered
29 Posts
DoubleAught said:
I've seen quite a few posts regarding insurance rates, and it seems that here in the US, the best rates come from Farmer's and State Farm. Don't believe that lyin' ass Geico lizard!

State Farm would be cheaper except that I have a single ticket on my record right now. Another 6 months and it will be gone. But hey, $81 a year is cheap in my book!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I pay $330.00 a year for my 1100 XX, full coverage including medical. I guess being 39 and having a clean record (lawers are useful) is good for something after all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts