Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on SBN and wanted to see everyones reactions over here,.........When your stopped at a red light and everyone is looking at you because they all wish they had a bike of their own, do you do anything funny? Some people were saying how they would shout out random things to cagers, get off bikes and dance to loud cage music, etc, etc,...............

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I know what you are saying. I hate that when they are just staring at your bike and when you look over at them an they give you that cocky ass what's up head nod. Like they have something in common with you. Another one is when they ask you what kind of bike it is. Not like the decals on the tank or fairing gives it away or anything.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Origin

jimmyjr said:
"The stoplight dance", Is that a Howell New Jersey thing??;-)
I am pretty sure the "Stoplight Dance" originated in Pennsyltucky :twofinger

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Sorry, I was a bit off the subject. I have not got my dance on, but I always wanted to. I wanted to bust a running man right by someone's driver side window, rip my helmet off and twirl it around above my head by the strap.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
duessel said:
Sorry, I was a bit off the subject. I have not got my dance on, but I always wanted to. I wanted to bust a running man right by someone's driver side window, rip my helmet off and twirl it around above my head by the strap.
See now thats what I am talking about LMAO!!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
To me I am simply eyeing the red light, the possible amber of the light about to stop the other traffic & if there is traffic on each side are they stopping as the amber/red comes on their side.
I do not have the time to look around & see if people are LOOKING at my m/c.
Possibly this is something younger riders feel(?) since they think people are looking at their shinny m/c, but it is not so bar the fact that they are simply ANOTHER vehicle at the crossing..

·
Registered
580 Posts
Since Im almost continually in traffic on my bike Im almost continually stared at. I forgot about it a long time ago. On those rare occasions when I take one of our cars I stare at bikes too. In fact, when Im on my bike I stare at other bikes. Whats not to like? You're sitting in your car, the light is red, what else are you going to look at?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I always look at other bikes. It don't matter if I'm on mine or in my truck. I just like bikes. As for sitting at lights, I don't generally pay attention to other people looking at me. Sometimes I will wave at kids though.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I just tolerate others

I hate it when they try and start up a conversation with you about the bike, or people that they/you know who also ride. I always have on a helmet...so its like trying to pick up a cute girl on a busy dance floor with the music blasting. I purchased a iridium visor to block my features, and make me less approachable in traffic. I get the occational head knod still though. I am curious if any of the rest of you have ever been flashed in traffic before by a group of females in a car....just curious, or is it just me?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Re: I just tolerate others

maley2000 said:
I hate it when they try and start up a conversation with you about the bike, or people that they/you know who also ride. I always have on a helmet...so its like trying to pick up a cute girl on a busy dance floor with the music blasting. I purchased a iridium visor to block my features, and make me less approachable in traffic. I get the occational head knod still though. I am curious if any of the rest of you have ever been flashed in traffic before by a group of females in a car....just curious, or is it just me?
Yep, quite distracting :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
When im at the red light and if a cager is on my ass and people are staring at me i start scratching my ass ...and i mean i make it viewable...(no i don't mean i put my hand inside). Im one of them that act up when sitting for those red lights to turn green...they take forever. SINCE IM FROM PENNSYLTUCKY:p

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
Hmmmm

R6steve said:

Ditto, kids love bikes & it gives a positive image for them.
Sooooo what you are saying is that the ass scratch would be a bad thing with kids near by? :D :p

I usually just look straight forward. I have a chrome visor so you can't see my :rolleyes: at the little rice burner cars trying to race me.

Can't dance, otherwise I might do the running man.... knowing my luck I would slip on a oil slick from a Harley and land on my ass though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Has anyone seen those toyota celica commercials where there's this red celica parked in a neighborhood? One time there's this old man walking by yelling at it, stating "damn kids, slow down!"
Or a dog goes chasing it and runs into it thinking it's hauling arse.
Or the chip'r that tells him to pull over? It just looks fast sitting there! My red CBR looks fast sitting there and often I catch others checking her out. Good to be king. Sorry...think i was just rambling...:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hrmmm

Ebola6 said:
Has anyone seen those toyota celica commercials where there's this red celica parked in a neighborhood? One time there's this old man walking by yelling at it, stating "damn kids, slow down!"
Or a dog goes chasing it and runs into it thinking it's hauling arse.
Or the chip'r that tells him to pull over? It just looks fast sitting there! My red CBR looks fast sitting there and often I catch others checking her out. Good to be king. Sorry...think i was just rambling...:D
So are you saying you get screamed at by old men at stoplights?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Re: Origin

I am pretty sure the "Stoplight Dance" originated in Pennsyltucky :twofinger [/B][/QUOTE]

i usually just sit there and try not to get hit by someone talkin on there cell phone.

its funny you mention pennsyltucky, i went to penn state and 1/3 or the students were from jersey, not saying a whole lot about jersey, and is it wooder or water? joisey? those damn jug handles!!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Re: Re: Origin

crammer1977 said:
not saying a whole lot about jersey, and is it wooder or water? joisey? those damn jug handles!!!!

Its "wooder" and be sure to make that oh so important distinction between SOUTH Jersey and NORTH Jersey:twofinger

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Origin

Kyle said:

Its "wooder" and be sure to make that oh so important distinction between SOUTH Jersey and NORTH Jersey:twofinger
Yeah, South Jersey is part of Philly and North Jersey is part of New York :D

·
Registered
458 Posts
Exactly;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts