Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am heading to work this morning, and someone pulls out in front of me while I'm doing about 50....fortunately I was in my car, cause if I was on the bike I don't think I'd be here typing this. Hopefully my car is totalled cause its gonna cost more to fix it than its worth...I'm fine....bruised knee and a sore neck....

It's awful dangerous around here :D

S

·
0 Posts
RedNinja said:
...I'm fine....bruised knee and a sore neck....

Hmmmm ??? Bruised knee ? Sore neck ? Nah, nevermind.. :D ;)

Do you ever drive the bike to work ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok! :)
What kind of car DID you have?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BigChieFTP said:
Glad to hear you're ok! :)
What kind of car DID you have?
I did have a 91 Mitsubishi Eclipse..it was my beater car that got me to and from work..I didn't like it anyway...

And yes I ride to work quite frequently...always puts me in a good frame of mind to face the workday!
It just happened to be raining today and chilly so I took the car

P

·
0 Posts
Dammit Will!!!

Don't do that with the damn title, scaring me like that!!! I thought you went down on your bike!!! Glad you were in your car, and really glad you are O.K. Get some money out of that bastard's insurance company for pain and suffering!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok!!!!Get better soon!!!!

...................Jimmy G..........................................................

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
That sucks Will, but at least it wasn't the bike.:D

The part that really sucks is the insur. company never gives you much for your car.:(

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know....I'm kinda afraid to hear what they say, but I told my insurance company to proceed as though the other insurance company was going to fight it (in other words I pay the deductible, they do the appraisal and total it, and get me a good price, then they go after the other persons insurance company to get the money back). In the past my insurance company has given me good things when I did it this way. If I wait around for the other insurance company to call me, then I'm at their mercy for whatever they decide on.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Glad to hear your ok Will!

I hated that damn car too! :mad:
Maybe now you can get a ....HONDA! :D ;)

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually Jena and I have been talking and I think we are going to go back to a 1 car two motorcycle family for a while...summers almost here and she and I can alternate between riding the bikes and driving the truck. Will save us a little money, and we'll use the insurance money for other things that we want to do with the house.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Will, at least you are looking at it the right way. 2 bike, 1 car family. 91 Eclipse isn't all badass of a car unless it is the turbo. My 94 was a dog. Glad you are okay.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
RedNinja said:
actually Jena and I have been talking and I think we are going to go back to a 1 car two motorcycle family for a while...summers almost here and she and I can alternate between riding the bikes and driving the truck. Will save us a little money, and we'll use the insurance money for other things that we want to do with the house.

Sounds like a great plan to me!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the morning after yields an even sorer neck, but otherwise no problems, so I'm off to the doctor to have my neck checked out since it seems to be creeping down my back...I'm sure its a mild case of whiplash, but I don't really want to do anything stupid. The thoughts of something catastrophic happening and me not being able to ride is looming over me. Better to be safe than sorry I guess. I'll keep you all posted.

As far as the car, the insurance company called me back and said it is 95% a total loss, so looks like we'll be taking the insurance money and using it to lay some Pergo in the house...:D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
RedNinja said:
...lay some Pergo in the house...:D

Hey Will, shop around a bit on the flooring. Pergo is not the least expesive stuff and its not the best anymore. They have alot of that type of flooring to choose from now.

Good idea going to the doc. better to be safe for sure

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was using Pergo as a generalization...Not sure what we are going do yet...i know I don't want hardwood..so it will definately be a laminate flooring.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just an update for you guys...I'm fine...some swollen muscles in my neck and back and some bruised ribs on my left side (where my seat belt caught). Nothing a little anti-imflammatory med can't fix....The other insurance called and on top of settling the car, their paying my deductible and $500 in settlement (medical, emotional distress). So all in all a good deal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts