Sportbike World banner

Couple of Q's for you.

918 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  H-Man 
#1 ·
Just curious - what problem can you have with an air filter?
And doing wheelies is not that rough on your forks once you can do them correctly. Lowsiding at 70+ mph hurts them as I have found out though. :D

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

#2 ·
First, I just ordered a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic Jackets for my fiance and I. What does everyone think of these jackets? Warm enuf when its cold out? Cool enuf when its hot? Good quality in its build? And last, has anyone happened to go down wearing one? I intend to order the pants early next year to go with them.

Second, I'm going down one tooth on the front sprocket on my F4. It is also a 520 conversion. How did this affect YOUR bike? You can pass on telling me how much easier it is to do wheelies. I don't do them period. Too hard on the forks. Did it help the performance? Hurt mileage? Pros & Cons wanted.

Third (yeah I know I said a couple). I am putting a Uni air filter in this weekend as well. Are these decent filters? I only know a couple of people with them and they havn't had any problems but I'd like to ask the pros and cons of the uni in here.

Thanks ahead of time. Later.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far

#3 ·
Cant say anything about the JR Leathers since ive never owned any.

About the front sprocket, i would recommend going UP 2 or 3 teeth on REAR sprocket, which is equivalent to 1 in front. This will give you the same gearing reduction, but will be easier on your chain and distribute the drive load much better than turning that chain around a tiny front sprocket.

Uni filters are a great OEM filter, not a K&N by any means, but probably the best OEM replacement out there.

Have fun!!

------------------
Fear Green.

#4 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H-Man:
First, I just ordered a pair of Joe Rocket Ballistic Jackets for my fiance and I. What does everyone think of these jackets? Warm enuf when its cold out? Cool enuf when its hot? Good quality in its build? And last, has anyone happened to go down wearing one? I intend to order the pants early next year to go with them.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have had mine for 6 months now. When its colder than 55, I usually have to wear a sweatshirt underneath. I have worn it on 90 degree days too and its still pretty comfortable. As far as quality, the jacket is well made. My one and only complaint is that the metal snaps are all uncovered (except for the bottom one). I had to cover the second snap with tape to keep it from scratching my tank. I emailed Joe Rocket about this design flaw and they replied by saying they were working on the problem. It may be that your jackets will have this problem corrected.

------------------
http://gsxr750.sportbikeworld.com

#7 ·
My filter is supposed have a perforated cutout that needs to be removed for certain models of my bike, but when I got the filter, the cutout was already removed, leaving a big hole in the filter. I sent an email to UNI asking them about it and they sent me a replacement filter. They didn't even ask if I was the one who removed the cutout.

------------------

#8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbr600f4gd:
Just curious - what problem can you have with an air filter?
And doing wheelies is not that rough on your forks once you can do them correctly. Lowsiding at 70+ mph hurts them as I have found out though. :D

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With an air filter you can have too much air flow ala K&N (need to rejet), too little air flow (run like sheIt).

As for the wheelies not being hard on a bike I'll let you have your beliefe and I mine. No amount of convincing will ever get me to believe that coming down on my fork seals after a wheelie will not hurt it.

------------------
Chris (H-Man) Pyle
'99 F4-S/T
Ride Smart, Ride Far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.