Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This very rare street legal two-stroke motorcycle had a counter balancer. What is the make and model?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Well some of the 2-stroke & 4-stroke road racers had OUTSIDE flywheels being Moto Guzzi, NSU, & some of the smaller 125 to 250cc Italian bikes.

·
Retired Moderator
943 Posts
Hey Mike, the RZ500 was really a crazy bike, comparable only to the RG500.
I rode one once and it was a really 'interesting' ride, a bit scary though!
This was Aussie trivia Andy :D

Aris

·
Registered
377 Posts
Aris "interesting" doesn't begin to desribe it.

Mine was an ex drag bike I bought and converted back to the road. It was taken out to something like 680cc and would almost double its output from about 60hp to 110hp between 7000-8000rpm. Wicked. To ride it in the twisties you would overbuzz it into a bend and drop it down into its powerband on the way out coz if you went up into it the bike would either spin up or try and spit you off ( or both ).

Sold it and bought an RC30 which was the most boring bike I ever had. Totally stable and planted at ridiculous speed, even on track days. No "fun factor" until you were well over twice the speed limit.

A mate of my brothers still has a mint RZ500 in his garage. Rode it twice and it scared him sh*tless, so he has just parked it for the last 15yrs. Goes out once a month and starts it, but won't ride it.

I often think America was short changed not being allowed access to a lot of the 2-strokes that we had access to.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts