Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone define street fighter? Is it a type of bike? or just a highly modifyied bike

------------------
Kyle M. m/15 cb350
Noblesville,IN

·
Registered
328 Posts
A Street Fighter is essentially a modified naked bike. They usually start out as a regular sportbike, but all the bodywork is removed, and often the lights and instruments are changed (projector headlights are common), and usually the handlebars are changed over to standard "superbike" bars.

As the project continues, you'll see aftermarket wheels and brakes, different swingarms, forks, and even frames.

To get a good idea of the scene, check out this website -- http://www.motoventure.com/

------------------
"If you want to keep working here, Son --- stay off the drugs..."

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh my gowd :eek:I think I found my new passion :D Pure hooliganism :D :D :D :D :D

------------------
Kyle M. m/15 cb350
Noblesville,IN

[This message has been edited by The_CB_Kid (edited June 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by The_CB_Kid (edited June 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well...(sigh) The big question should I build a streetfighter wich would kick ass. Or bye a new R1 and a turbo wich would kick ass :confused: I still have another 10 months untill I will have enough money to pay for the R1 but if I go for the streetfighter I can start building tomarrow.. or at least order the frame and engine. HELP

------------------
Kyle M. m/15 cb350
Noblesville,IN

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well, Kid, the cool thing about building a street fighter is, you can just buy pretty much any crash-damaged sport bike cheap, and you already have the basis! Just about any parts that get damaged when someone crashes a sportbike are the very parts you'd be trashing anyway. So you can have your pick of bikes to start with. Then, just add a few parts and a paint job, and you're all set...

Someone got a crashed CBR900? Give 'em 3 or 4 Grand, and you have your street fighter!

I'm actually about to start my own project: I've raced a TL1000S for the last three years, and I was about to sell it as a stock street bike, but I decided to keep it and make a V-Twin Street Fighter! I haven't seen too many TL's used for this purpose, so it'll be kind of different. And talk about a wheelie-monster hooligan bike!

I'll keep everyone updated as the bike develops... :D :D :D

------------------
"If you want to keep working here, Son --- stay off the drugs..."

·
Registered
503 Posts
street fighter: any member of an underground fighting association where in the winner is crowned the best fighter in the world. :D

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts