Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps

Just wondering whats the proper and best position for the pillion to be in.

I've carried a couple of female friends and they prefer to hold on to me rather than the grab handle. but they tend to slide forward a lot and boy does it hurt my boys down there against the fuel tank lol..

should they be sittnig up close leaning against you ( scared of banging helmets if stop suddently) or whats the proper recommended posture?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I prefer to have them close in the city, so when i brake they dont slide into me (except when they put too much extra weight on your wrists).. however when cruising, i want them to get as far back as possible.. its all about comfort, and keeping their god damn shoes off the pipe!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Same here. If you're doing alot of stop and go traffic, close is better. If she sits too far back, as you have noticed... you can take a pounding. On the freeway, she can slide back and use the grab handles, but keep that in mind if you gotta stop.

And Yes, cleaning melted shoe off pipe is annoying.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
fruitsalad said:
Hi peeps

Face down, ass up, that's the way I like....to ride my pillion. :D

Anyone remember that song...damn I'm starting to feel old. :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Correct Pillion Position / Posture

Rug Burn said:

Face down, ass up, that's the way I like....to ride my pillion. :D

Anyone remember that song...damn I'm starting to feel old. :p
do you wear your helmet?
:p

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
fruitsalad said:
Hi peeps

I've carried a couple of female friends and they prefer to hold on to me rather than the grab handle. but they tend to slide forward a lot and boy does it hurt my boys down there against the fuel tank lol..

should they be sittnig up close leaning against you ( scared of banging helmets if stop suddently) or whats the proper recommended posture?
in the city: hands on gas tank in front of me...close up...same for the twisties...

open road: whatever is cool with her :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts