Sportbike World banner

What type of corner do you like best? (with no camber)

• Hair pins

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Chicanes or Esses

Votes: 114 45.8%
  • Sweepers

Votes: 119 47.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i like esses. i love the felling of throwing the bike from one side to the other. it's just so awesome.

i heard that glen from team promotion can throw the bike from one side to the either so hard and fast it gets slightly airborn.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I picked esses too, but really, any corner that you hit right feels outstanding. I could accurately say ALL corners.:)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Esses

...with hairpins following right behind. Any curves are ok with me, as long as they're tight enough for my 'motard :D

I haven't seen Glen from TPM flick the bike like that, but I've heard it mentioned before. On my motard, it's not unusual for the front wheel to come up a few inches in a hard chicane, but I think it's a side effect of whacking the throttle...

·
Registered
577 Posts
Esses and hairpins are fun, but the bandit is heavy, so the sweepers are more fun for me.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Fatman said:
Esses and hairpins are fun, but the bandit is heavy, so the sweepers are more fun for me.
... I know what you mean. The heavyweights aren't exactly "flickable", but they're "floggable"! :D JAM that bar!:D

Mine is 608# wet, but I still love the tight stuff. (That last sentence doesn't read well.):eek: :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Dad said:

... I know what you mean. The heavyweights aren't exactly "flickable", but they're "floggable"! :D JAM that bar!:D

Mine is 608# wet, but I still love the tight stuff. (That last sentence doesn't read well.):eek: :D
:eek: :D yep, the "tight" stuff is great.:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ride a very flickable old GSXR 750. I get the most fun from Flip flopping the bike thru chicanes. But at the track, the rush of flying into a high speed sweeper comes a close second.
I agree with"DAD" too. When you nail a corner just right... Its all good! :D

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Guess I wasn't the only one who had a difficult time choosing because it's all good.

Chicanes used to freak me out, but thenI learned to line myself up with the exit corner, and she flies out (sometimes in a wheelie). Woohoo!

·
Registered
627 Posts
It was a tough call between sweepers & chicanes but by a small margin I went with chicanes because of the zero degree camber element. Add a little bit of camber though & i would have leaned;) towards hairpins

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
As long as there is a drive through window for expresso, I am fine.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
fuster said:
As long as there is a drive through window for expresso, I am fine.
How do you manage that?:confused:

I know, one of those Muzzy titanium cup holders with carbon fiber stirrer / straw.:thumb: :D

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
We like our coffee out here in Seattle. Wherever we are.....;)

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
GSXROCKET said:
Straight roads are for fat guys on Harleys. Hitting a sweeper at 100mph or a hairpin at 50, corners are bike Heaven.
Wow, I tend to roll my bike going around hairpins at 50mph. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts