Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel compeled to offer this info. due to a STUPID mistake on my part, yesterday..while riding some twisties with a few of the SBW members at our local FUN place..:D I wound up lowsiding, for the second time in 1 week..I know what your thinkin..what's wrong with this dude, first lowside was due to a dirt patch, not my fault...But the one on Sunday was my fault..for not, keeping my head on straight...i.e. warming up my tires before doing any spirited riding..:rolleyes: So...I wound up sliding on my back side..:( My bike looks like crap..have to have the carbs resynced..again...:$$$$$mad: so HEAT them tires up, rememeber the roads are much cooler, tires are too, takes way longer to get them to temp....lets be careful out there...:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes sir Mr. Lowside sir! :D

Oh yeah the general wants you to resync your carbs by this weekend. :D :D

I forgot to ask... You live in my area.. do you know where i can get my tires put on for a good price? Just got 2 brand new tires from ebay and id like to get them broken in.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
TWO lowsides??!! Up at GMR?

I dont know if I can play with you guys anymore! :eek: ;)

Glad you're ok though! There isnt much room for error up there

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know they are going to charge lots more to mount them compared to if ya bought them from the shop..anyway, I go to Hammyboys in Santa Monica..only guys I trust with my bike..I think they charge $60.00 to mount tires ??? might try M/C Tire Works in Lomita 1-310-539-4151, or hermosa Motorsport in Hermosa Bch.1-310-318-5551.....

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HondaNut! said:
TWO lowsides??!! Up at GMR?

I dont know if I can play with you guys anymore! :eek: ;)

Glad you're ok though! There isnt much room for error up there
NO.....1 at GMR, and 1 at the Rock Store.. the Rock Store lowside, I hit a patch of dirt..not my fault.....:D

I'm fine...shoulder's a bit sore..prolly cause of my age...:D

You goin to GMR Sunday..? if the weather is o.k..?

·
Registered
315 Posts
thanks Hammer. A buddy of mine just recommended M/C tireworks a minute ago. Said theyre pretty cheap. Hopefully i can trust them to do a good job. Maybe i'll get to break in my first tires this weekend. No horsing around for me!:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
so HEAT them tires up, rememeber the roads are much cooler, tires are too, takes way longer to get them to temp....lets be careful out there...:D
Especially if you're riding on Michelins!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Holy Shit,

Greg - are you OK?

Was this after I left the Rock Store when riding with you and Eric?

When will you be back in action? I was wondering if you were up for riding mid week between Christmas and New Year. Let me know.

take it easy,

Peter

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
titomike said:

Yes it is....you hit it.

Ahaa haa!! TRUE!

Yes Hammer, I plan on riding w/ you guys if the weather holds. I dont mind the cold, but if its all fogged out, so am I :)

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HondaNut! said:

Ahaa haa!! TRUE!

Yes Hammer, I plan on riding w/ you guys if the weather holds. I dont mind the cold, but if its all fogged out, so am I :)
I might not be able to go..unless I can get my carbs sync'd before then.....:( Last weekend was sunny..and WARM..:D should be o.k. this weekend too....

Peter...how goes it..?

Yep, I'm fine..the last one happened at GMR , last Sunday, the first one was at the Rock Store a week ago last Monday...

As far as being back in action..I am, but my bike isn't..:D

Hmmm...sounds good, re: a mid-week ride..I know I'm busy on the 28th of Dec...possibly the 26th, or 27th..????

dang..give me a call...if ya can...still got my # ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts