Sportbike World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Cookee, since your from Austrailia, What's up with the youth uprising? I'm here in Florida and there doesn't seem to be much about what's happening in Queensland, I think it's Queensland. The only thing I can get from the news is that there will be a big uprising on Sunday? Any truth to this? Also, they keep saying it's Neo-Nazis, is that true? I just figure you'd know. Hit me back.

Oh yeah, this is what I'm talking about. Sorry it's long.

Now churches are targeted
Nick Leys and Dan Box
December 15, 2005
FOUR churches in Sydney's southwest have been attacked in 24 hours as the city's riots spread from race to religion.

A community hall linked to a Uniting church was burned to the ground early yesterday, carol-singers were spat on and church buildings peppered with gunfire.

In response, members of the Arab Christian and Arab Muslim communities have called for a curfew for all Lebanese youths over the weekend.

Police believe the attack on the hall, in the suburb of Auburn, was intended to destroy the Uniting church next door, while nearby StThomas's Anglican Church, which has a primarily Chinese congregation, had all its front windows smashed. Three of the attacks were on churches within minutes of each other. The night before, Molotov cocktails were used in an attack on an Anglican church in Macquarie Fields in the city's far southwest.

Arab Christians have suggested the attacks on churches may have been meant as a violent attempt to "shame" the city's Lebanese Christian community into supporting Lebanese Muslims in the race-hate war, which began as a battle against young white males over use of suburban beaches.

Community leaders said Lebanese youths should not venture out after 9pm on Friday and Saturday, and should stay home all day on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Smitty said:
I have a hunch Cookee was one of those that got into the fighting, for doesn't he just seem the type? LOL
Not to mention Ms. Tree. I mean, sure she looks nice & sweet, but one never really knows, does one?????

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi All-

At least we don't have to worry about Christians beheading anyone...unlike The Religion of Peace (TROP) that we're always hearing about in the news.

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Historically, Christians have preferred thumbscrews, garrotes, drowning chairs, pressing with stones, drawing & quartering, and burning at the stake...maybe if our good Christian friends in Washington get the go-ahead to torture again, they'll have devised some new ways to show their kinder, gentler nature..... Never a good idea to present the worst examples of any human group as being par for the course..... I won't assume that the thousands of drunken youth out looking for revenge are typical of Australia.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Rundog said:
Historically, Christians have preferred thumbscrews, garrotes, drowning chairs, pressing with stones, drawing & quartering, and burning at the stake...maybe if our good Christian friends in Washington get the go-ahead to torture again, they'll have devised some new ways to show their kinder, gentler nature..... Never a good idea to present the worst examples of any human group as being par for the course..... I won't assume that the thousands of drunken youth out looking for revenge are typical of Australia.
Rundog its no secret that when religion gets in charge, things start travelling downhill quickly, regardless of the symbol. However comparing current conditions to medieval torture is an insult to the inquisition (and by proxy, the catholic church).

·
Registered
582 Posts
Don't be so bitter, Rundog.

If it wasn't for Christian Missionaries, you guys would still be in the the jungle throwing spears and eating each other.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
jimmyjr said:
Don't be so bitter, Rundog.

If it wasn't for Christian Missionaries, you guys would still be in the the jungle throwing spears and eating each other.

A knowledge of history isn't very important to you, I see.
But if it'll make you feel better, you come round the way and hop your ass up on the grill...Lousiana hot sauce makes anything taste good...

For those of you whose light burns a little brighter, it's important that you not fall into the trap of dehumanizing other people, or assuming some false sense of superiority.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I found out whats wrong with australia
The Australian Conservation Foundation has a complaint about Christmas that you may not have heard before — they claim holiday spending is damaging the environment. The group has released a report titled "The Hidden Cost of Christmas," and says every dollar Australians spend on new clothes as gifts consumes four gallons of water and nearly 10 square yards of land to produce.

What's more, gifts like DVD players and coffee makers generate 780,000 tons of greenhouse pollution even before being used and each box of Christmas candy wastes 44 pounds of natural materials. The ACF is calling for "eating, drinking and giving gifts in moderation," and giving gifts with a low environmental cost, like gym memberships and charitable donations.

Damn eco alarmists

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I agree with you Fantic, only I feel, once again, that Vash has come up with the gut answer. Man I hate it when I must admit when he is right again. LOL

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Smitty, I am honored to be your adversary :D

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Smitty said:
I agree with you Fantic, only I feel, once again, that Vash has come up with the gut answer. Man I hate it when I must admit when he is right again. LOL
I think you're referring to Rundog perhaps Smitty, my comment was only reactionary to his. :D

But I have to disagree with Vash in the sense that all the beheading is commited by particular group, not relgion itself. I'd be much interested to read if the religion or the book is encouraging what's going on, without things taken out of context or the era we live in.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Jus_Livin' said:
Hey Cookee, since your from Austrailia, What's up with the youth uprising?...
This is happening in Sydney, New South Wales (remember the Olympics???), a loooooooong way from where I live.

It's a fight that's been brewing for a long time. It's to do with the Lebanese community acting as though they're back in their homeland and not adhering (as it were) to the culture of Australia. They're responsible for a lot of the violence in some areas and attacks on women.

A couple of weeks ago a life guard was bashed by a group of Lebanese guys on a beach and the "genuine" Australians in the area have had enough.

What was supposed to be a peaceful protest, including a street party and bbq, quickly escalated into an alcohol-fuelled mob attack on ANYONE who even LOOKED Lebanese. There are reports that a group with neo-nazi links did their best to fuel the fire throughout the day.

It's quickly become a tit-for-tat scenario, with text messages being sent out, calling on gangs from each side to come in and cause as much damage to each other's community property (and persons) as possible. The things is, a lot of completely innocent people and they're cars / homes are being caught up in it.

They've had to call on curfews, close beaches and cancel the traditional carols gatherings in case more violence erupts.

The whole thing is incredibly sad, but it's one of those things that was always going to happen. People coming to Australia need to realise that they are coming to OUR country and must abide by OUR culture. For too long the judicial system here has been going soft on criminals and this is one area where a certain community seems to be abusing that leniency.

The locals have decided to reclaim their country.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts