Sportbike World banner

Cookeetree ! is this you mate...

2K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  snakesht 
#1 ·
#2 ·
"Melbourne car yard owner Ian McKenzie said the man would have had to have been in the car all day, every day to reach Tennant Creek."

Not sure about the conditions of the roads down there but I've done 1,800 miles in 24 hours before so I don't see why they think he'd have to be in the car for 6 days non-stop to go 1,988.

#3 ·
Snake ! you were speeding...what kind of example is that for the youth of America ? This will probably cause all your baby snakes to be born naked

#4 ·
I was the youth at the time (or close enough to it). Besides, that averages to 75, and that was the speed limit in most of the states west off the mississippi, which was more than half of my journey.

#11 ·
find bathroom and use it...10 minutes...4 times...40 minutes

pump gas...10 minutes...5 times...50 minutes

buy food and eat it....for the sake of argument we'll say he at junk food only and on the road...5 minutes...4 times....20 minutes

total 110 minutes...lets round up to 2 hours even

these conservative numbers compute to 82 mph ...average...to get that average your gonna have to spend some time at 100 mph...cause your gonna spend some time at 45 or even 35 mph... :thumbs2:

#12 ·
Well, let's consider that it doesn't take me 10 minutes to piss; I paid at the pump, so gas took about 5 minutes; and I did eat on the road, stopping at 1 drive-thru and the rest was junk that I picked up at a gas station.

Also, my poor truck was governed, and couldn't do 100mph. And when I got to Elk City, OK I developed a miss in the #7 cylinder causing me to slow down for a while. Please re-calculate.

#13 ·
LOL....I just admire your truck driver mentality...good for you bro:thumbs2:

lots of truck drivers in my family, my dad ran his own truck and I was maintenance :barf2:

#14 ·
Not sure if I mislead you or not, but it was a pickup truck, not a semi.

I was going to school in AZ at the time, and spring semester had just ended. Wanted to get the f**k home, and another kid that lived a couple hours from me in OH was following me. We got a pair of 2-way radios and kept in touch that way. Before we even got to the River, he was begging to stop and get some sleep. I, however, was too wired on yellow jackets and red bull, and wasn't going to oblige. So we drove straight through. I used to love driving all day long, but that was before gas hit $3/gal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.