Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....

I'm just getting into motorcycles and it looks like my mom is gonna object. So just curious what were you best arguements or come around stories?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You can give her the safety gear song and dance. You could start on a bike more suited to a new rider. A few things like that.

But if she's hardlining it, you're hosed.

·
Registered
525 Posts
You should finacially obtain the bike, gear, and insurance yourself. Parents don't want a death on their consience that they provided the means to.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Or, just wait 'til you're 32, like I did. :D

My Dad always said I wasn't allowed to get a bike until he was. He used to ride HD's as a Military Policeman, be he still doesn't own a bike.

Mr. TrevorClever makes a good point. :thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Method 1: Get a job, save money, turn 18, and buy the bike.

Method 2: Turn 18, go to college, use student loan check to buy bike, don't tell mom.

Method 3: Whine like a little bitch until parents/spouse give in.

Method 4: TELL mom you will be getting a bike, buy a bike, get kicked out of the house.

Method 5: Talk to parents/spouse about why you want the bike, engage their interest, take them to MSF with you, have a better relationship with family.

I prefer method 2.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow yeah ... gonna take MSF in a week or so

I'll probably get a bike after!

Won't let it rest till I do.

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Thermide said:
Method 5: Talk to parents/spouse about why you want the bike, engage their interest, take them to MSF with you, have a better relationship with family.

I've seen this done SEVERAL times teaching the MSF course at Parris Island and Cherry Point. Guys bring the significant (especially for the circuits) and show how they can ride. And several times, they asked the instructors to "assist" by telling the person how well they were riding.

Worked in over half.

:2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts