Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here done it? Do you have advice? I'm using a pinnacle 510 usb capture device that fits between the vcr and my computer. I can choose avi or mpeg 1/2 (whatever that means). The files I'm getting for an hour or two are FUCKING HUGE. I don't get it, this program fucking sucks, it's called studio and comes with the device. Pleas help, i've got 100+ tapes to transfer.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
When we did ours we used a VCR to DVD recorder so there was none of that in-between thing you're dealing with :dunno:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Yeah. Obviously we didn't have 100 VHS tapes, and if we did, I'd have gone through them and asked myself, "Have I ever watched this since it was taped, and if so, was it in the last three years?" Any "no's" would've been toast time for the tape :2cents:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, i'm asking myself the same thing. The only problem is they're my girlfriend's parents tapes of her and her sisters entire childhood and this is kinda a christmas present from her, her sister and I.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
I was going to say the same thing as Kaw. My in-laws bought a VHS to DVD recorder last year and converted all their VHS tapes. You just pop in the VHS along with a blank DVD and hit record. The only problem with theirs is that you have to let the movie play thru. I think the nicer ones copy faster but I'm not 100%.

But yea, 1 VHS per DVD. So that might not be what you want. Maybe go look for a more tech savvy forum:)

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
...this is kinda a christmas present from her, her sister and I.
Nothing like leaving it 'til the last minute, huh?

Since they're not going to be able to watch them all straight away, buy a VCR/DVD and do them over time. They'll be stoked, regardless of how many you get done before Chrissie. :thumbs2:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah, i'm just sticking with the computer thing. It sucks that I have to hear the noise from the tapes as I work (or play) in other apps, but that's the price of being nice I guess. Some of these god-damn tapes are 6 hours...fuck me running.:jawdrop:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts