Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right Guys, I thought I would be a little late on this one but from a quick glance down the forum it seems no one has raised it. BP I’m disappointed, I thought you were normally quicker!

So what’s wrong with Rossi? All these problems this year, it’s almost as if he is riding a new bike……….?

The season started with terrible head shake problems. Surely this is a fundamental issue and something Yamaha would have fixed on day one – i.e 2 years ago?? He then qualified mid field at Shanghai and despite some top notch riding had to retire due to “tire problems” ??????? Yeah Right!

Down the long straight at Shanghai he had chunks taken out of him by a KAWASAKI! Why is it Edwards could make the same bike go fast whilst Rossi was having troubles?

And then finally this weekend in France he pulled out with engine troubles……..

Surely Valentino Rossi is riding an 800cc bike in the MotoGP? Yamaha’s first year was intended to be a development year – They won it, 2005 was the year for the trophy, again the boy came good. Surely to spend a year developing and racing an 800cc bike ahead of the rest of the pack is going to give them the edge in 2007? At the same time, should Valentino win on a lower spec bike, this really would be the biggest finger to the rest of them, ever!!!!!!

And then if Rossi does in fact go to F1 then Yamaha have gained one years free Rossi consultation!

So cumon BP et all……. Shoot me down! I dare ya!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
Tin foil hat wearers

I like the way your thinking Bbq but can't agree :cool: :cool:

If it was down 200cc it'd be even slower than the Suzies... :rolleyes:

The things just a pig, everytime he pushes it it runs wide and into the gravel. They're saying a new frame is on the way and that it's closely related to the 05 jobbie. Will be interesting to see what happens??

For such a talent, the Tornado hasn't done a thing until China, he has obviously also been struggling with the setup of the POS yammie.

The other thing is the Doctor might be slowing down??? The last couple of years hes had every motivation to push it to the limit, but what's driving him now??? Maybe it's finally time he parked it and gave WRC or F1 a go, just my :2cents:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
bbqq021 said:
Right Guys, I thought I would be a little late on this one but from a quick glance down the forum it seems no one has raised it. BP I’m disappointed, I thought you were normally quicker!

So what’s wrong with Rossi? All these problems this year, it’s almost as if he is riding a new bike……….?

The season started with terrible head shake problems. Surely this is a fundamental issue and something Yamaha would have fixed on day one – i.e 2 years ago?? He then qualified mid field at Shanghai and despite some top notch riding had to retire due to “tire problems” ??????? Yeah Right!

Down the long straight at Shanghai he had chunks taken out of him by a KAWASAKI! Why is it Edwards could make the same bike go fast whilst Rossi was having troubles?

And then finally this weekend in France he pulled out with engine troubles……..

Surely Valentino Rossi is riding an 800cc bike in the MotoGP? Yamaha’s first year was intended to be a development year – They won it, 2005 was the year for the trophy, again the boy came good. Surely to spend a year developing and racing an 800cc bike ahead of the rest of the pack is going to give them the edge in 2007? At the same time, should Valentino win on a lower spec bike, this really would be the biggest finger to the rest of them, ever!!!!!!

And then if Rossi does in fact go to F1 then Yamaha have gained one years free Rossi consultation!

So cumon BP et all……. Shoot me down! I dare ya!
\\


It's obvious .he's got piles:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
The rider is only as good as the bike he's on ...usually. Rossi's talent is not in any doubt i guess...so it must be the bike.

They have been messing around with frames and geometry and at this level the slightest change can mean glory or doom.
He was flying in France before the motor conked out. Just bad luck i guess. When every thing is maxed out to gain every gram of power and stability the chances something giving in is bloody high.
Not forgetting that all the other teams are bustin a gut to equal and beat the Camel Yamaha team.

It will just make his glory all the better when he comes back from this to take the championship.:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
Alonso has clearly had enough of him!!!! hahaha
_________________________

MONACO, May 24 (Reuters) - MotoGP champion Valentino Rossi turned his back on Formula One on Wednesday and pledged his immediate future to racing on two wheels.

"No Formula One, at least for the moment. I'm staying with bikes," the charismatic 27-year-old told the Italian news agency ANSA in a statement. "I will carry on racing in MotoGP for a while yet."

Rossi had been courted by Ferrari and has impressed in several increasingly serious tests with the Formula One glamour team over the last year.

Ferrari are waiting to hear whether seven times world champion Michael Schumacher, now 37, wants to continue next year and have also been strongly linked to McLaren's Finnish driver Kimi Raikkonen for 2007.

Rossi thanked Ferrari for their interest and for giving him the opportunity to test.

"It was a beautiful experience from a technical, and above all human, point of view," he said. "I thank (president) Luca di Montezemolo, team boss (Jean Todt) and the whole team for giving me such a great opportunity.

"I believe my work in motorcycling is not yet finished: I still have so much to do and will carry on in MotoGP for a while," added the Yamaha rider, whose contract is up for renewal.

"I hope Ferrari achieve their target and that it coincides with mine -- to win the world championship."

Rossi, winner for the last five years in a row in the top category, has endured his worst start to a season and is currently languishing in eighth place after five races.

Ferrari are second in the Formula One constructors' championship, 19 points behind Renault. Schumacher has won two of the six races.

ANSA quoted Todt as saying Ferrari noted Rossi's decision.

"It was a pleasure giving him the chance to try out a Ferrari racing car," he said. "All those who worked with him were struck by his ability to adapt to Formula One, by his talent and courtesy."

"Now we will follow with great affection his MotoGP challenge, hoping that he can get what he so richly deserves."

Renault's world champion Fernando Alonso was less gracious when he heard the news.

"Good. Like this we don't talk anything more about him," the Spaniard told reporters at the Monaco Grand Prix. "After four months, maybe this is the last question (I face about him)."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
all those in favour of Rossi doing 1 round of the F1 and knockin Alonso off the track in similar style to the Giblet incident last year say I
What is it with Spain...you ether get decent guys like Pedro, Punit etc or small dick syndrome sufferers like Giblet and Alonso
Oh! and for the record paella is SHITE :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
bigphil said:
all those in favour of Rossi doing 1 round of the F1 and knockin Alonso off the track in similar style to the Giblet incident last year say I
What is it with Spain...you ether get decent guys like Pedro, Punit etc or small dick syndrome sufferers like Giblet and Alonso
Oh! and for the record paella is SHITE :thumb:
I have to agree with you PB ... Alonso is just a daft cant ... and we all were dying for a fella with a personality to turn up and balance Schumi/ Kimi .... and when we get one he's a twat ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
wait a minute....are we talking about F1?

Thought it was a banned topic...but since we are on it.....


Schumi did mess up last weekend when he allegedly stalled his car so as to prevent Alonso from taking pole.....

he got relegated to start from the pits....

old man is starting to get desperate to win his championship I think? :rolleyes:

GO KIMI!!!!:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Now schumi's reputation has gone down the drain as a result of this... Ferrari could have just named me as a 3rd driver and I could be alonso's official blocker (As long as he does not overtake me) and it wouldn't hurt schumi's reputation or position on the grid. Am willing to accept reasonable charges (Just cover my travel, food, lodging, girls, and a ferrari (Any one will do) at the end of the season).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
Re: wait a minute....are we talking about F1?

WOLVERINE II said:
Thought it was a banned topic...but since we are on it.....


Schumi did mess up last weekend when he allegedly stalled his car so as to prevent Alonso from taking pole.....

he got relegated to start from the pits....

old man is starting to get desperate to win his championship I think? :rolleyes:

GO KIMI!!!!:D
I merely compared a Spanish twat to a Spanish twat.

So i'm afraid the rule still stands>>Take your F1 car shite to a Shite F1 car forum:twofinger
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Re: Re: wait a minute....are we talking about F1?

bigphil said:
I merely compared a Spanish twat to a Spanish twat.

So i'm afraid the rule still stands>>Take your F1 car shite to a Shite F1 car forum:twofinger
Okay guys!! You heard the big man! No more F1 shite! Take it to another forum who gives a shite!!


we here are all about bikes, babes and booze!
:rolleyes:


know of any good forums? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
WSBK

back on track ....

Bayliss has now achieved a "magnificient seven" run of victories on the Ducatti.

Beats his previous 2002 record and puts a clear 76 points of clear air between him and Troy Corser.

Not sure about Corser ... strikes me as a bit of knob when I hear him talking (any comment GD?) - But Bayliss is the man and lets hope he's on the way to the Championship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,518 Posts
That kinda spoils my Silverstone SBK DVD that's on it's way to Silva but anyway..... ;)

Corser and Bayliss are from different sides of the tracks, both decent guys and obviously nothing in it between them talent wise :thumb: :thumb: I've met Bayliss a few times (he used to get given my favourite #21 and I'd be told to change mine!!) but Corser had already moved on by then....

Pretty sure that one has now crossed over though, as they both have places in Monaco :eek: :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
560 Posts
Rossi with Yamaha Through 2007

Rossi with Yamaha Through 2007
Written by: Yamaha Racing
Mugello, Italy – 6/1/2006 Valentino Rossi will stay with Yamaha for one more year. (Photo: Getty Images)

Yamaha Motor Co. Ltd is delighted to announce that Valentino Rossi will remain with the Japanese factory in 2007, racing for a fourth year with Yamaha’s Factory Team in the MotoGP World Championship. Rossi will continue to spearhead Yamaha’s Grand Prix challenge and bike development, as MotoGP enters a new era of 800cc racing in 2007.

Rossi has enjoyed huge success with Yamaha since he joined the factory just over two years ago and every one of his races has captured the true spirit of ‘Kando’, the Japanese word for the sensation of intense excitement that we experience when we encounter something of supreme quality.

The Italian won the championship with the YZR-M1 on his first try in 2004 and again in 2005, when Yamaha took a clean-sweep of Riders’, Team and Manufacturers’ Championships in the year of it’s 50th Anniversary. 2006 has proved more difficult for the World Champion, with just one win so far this season after a series of unfortunate occurrences, but Yamaha has every faith that Rossi will recover his winning-form, starting at his home Grand Prix in Mugello this weekend.

Speaking from Mugello today, Yamaha Motor Racing Managing Director Lin Jarvis commented, “We are firstly delighted that Valentino has chosen to stay in MotoGP. He is a great ambassador for motorcycle racing in general and extremely important to the global image of this sport. He is the most talented and the fastest rider on the grid and the benchmark to which others aspire.

“We are extremely happy that Valentino has chosen to continue his illustrious MotoGP career with Yamaha in 2007. Yamaha and Valentino have an excellent relationship and we have enjoyed great success together since our partnership was born in 2004. It’s exciting news for Yamaha’s fans; Valentino’s worldwide appeal unites them under one banner and brings more and more people daily into the Yamaha ‘family’.

“Of course it’s of key importance to us that Valentino will now be in a position to lead the development of Yamaha’s new 800cc project for 2007. His input will be invaluable and we believe we will be able to challenge to win the title next year with the new bike. Both Valentino and Yamaha relish the new challenge ahead.

“In the meantime our short term goal is to provide him with the means to defend his MotoGP title this year. We are confident that Valentino can recover from an unlucky start to his title defence, starting at our Factory Team’s home race in Mugello this weekend.”

“I’m very pleased to be staying with Yamaha next year”, announced the 27-year-old from Tavullia, “These past two years with Yamaha have been two of the best of my career and I am extremely happy to stay with them and with my team. I believe I have made the right choice and I am very excited about the challenge of a new class of racing with Yamaha next year.”
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
synonyms anyone?

Silva Bullet said:
‘Kando’, the Japanese word for the sensation of intense excitement that we experience when we encounter something of supreme quality.

thought the word was Yamateh! or just the basic.....aaaaahhhhh!(with a squel of course):drool:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top