Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a potentially long story, but I will try to make it as brief as possible.

I was told a story as a child about two people being killed in an animal attack near my house. The attack supposedly happened sometime in the '70s. I remember seeing a clipping from the local newspaper that my uncle had. It was a full page article on what had happened. He doesn't know where the clipping is now, though.

The problem I am now having is finding a lack of source for this story. Being an animal attack, my first thought was naturally to search through Vermont Fish and Wildlife for any reported animal attacks in that time frame. I turned up nothing. I turned my attention to any source I could find on the net from the older newspapers, but the dates just don't go back that far. I could take a weekend trip back down there (I moved to Maine 6 years ago, don't forget) and visit a library, but going through that much microfiche and not knowing anything more than a 10 year time frame, that would take forever and a day.

Does anyone have any idea of where else I could look for this story?

There are a ton of people in the area that all know the story, but not one of them can remember what month or year this took place.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
best thing do to is to do your research at the local library. It's going to be hard to find the article without knowing the time/date of the event. They should have the newspapers back then on microfilm to view. If you find the article, it should have sources, such as police, victims names, and place. Even then, if you just have the date, police could always pull their archives up for the police notes and such. Check with the town hall for public records as well.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
depending on the size of the town and how tech savvy their library system is, their archives could be online through the town's website. You could also try calling local newspapers themselves and ask them for their help. I'm sure they can find it a lot faster than you can.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
You could also stop by the police station, presuming they got involved. Its possible one of the officers was directly involved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts