Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a TL1000S the other day that had what looked like red flexible plastic conduit around all the wires in the engine. It looked very subtle and really good. I figured this would be a really cheap mod, but havn't been able to find any color but black. Does anyone know what I'm describing and where I can get them?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Plastic split wire loom in colors

Yes, it is plastic split wire loom material. It is available in red, blue, some other colors. Your best bet is to order on line from either J.C. Whitney or try Summit Racing. I think J. C. Whitney has a good selection of inside diameter sizes to choose, even have "chrome" in some diameters, as I recall.

However, do not go too ape sh*t over the stuff, it is not resistant to high heat and can melt if too close to hot parts of the engine.

It works ok though for exposed wires, especially if you have some add on electrical that has wires going from one end of the bike to another.

You have to use plastic tie wraps to secure the slit down the middle of the tubing, every several inches, to keep the wires inside, and to attach the loom to a stationary part of the bike.
:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts