Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats it, i'm officially not going to let a comparison test influence me anymore! I'm going to be buying a 2005 model year 600 soon so I was doing some research to see if one clearly stood out above the rest by reading every comparison test I could find.

My conclusion is this: To each his own. How can the R6 come in dead last in one test, and first on the next? How can Sport Rider name the 600RR the best 600 and motorcyle-usa rank it dead last (street portion)? Now I realize that these each comparisons is different (Sport Rider didn't do a seprate test for Track and Street) but still IMO theres only one way to buy a bike, get the one that feels best to you and don't listen to everybody else (that is of course its your first bike and you want a litre bike)!

Sorry for the rant but I'm having the hardest dam time trying to figure out which bike I want come spring!

·
Registered
183 Posts
The truth is that the bikes are so damn close today that it really just comes down to subjective reasons and personal taste. Ergos are all a personal thing, and not one of the bikes is "better" enough then any of the others to overcome even the slightest difference in rider ability.

·
Registered
462 Posts
bittersweetryan said:
Thats it, i'm officially not going to let a comparison test influence me anymore!
My conclusion is this: To each his own.
Right on! If you're leaning for one bike and end up buying another, u'll possibly regret it. But if you go with what you want, u'll forget about everything else and ride happily. :2cents:

·
Registered
217 Posts
yup, but i think that the guys that do the bike tests are choosing the best bike ...for him/herself. i think it makes a big difference in your performance if you feel more comfortable on one motorcycle and not another, even if they have the exact same specs engine/suspension/weight wise.

go around and sit on em and pic the one you like best!:thumb:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Notice most of the comparison tests say that only a seasoned racer could tell the small differences. So go for looks and comfort, and laugh at those who say they have a whopping 2-5 more horsepower, but can't tell a difference :squid:

-M-

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Must admit I rarely read the compairson tests UNLESS the test involved a bike I owned or was about to buy. Mind you I tested bikes for several then one m/c mag for mid 50s to '76 so I can sort of read between the lines.

Mind you one also has to know how the one or several testers look at m/cs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts