Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some might've read, I was recently in a dirtbike accident. Im fine now though, still in casts.

I decided to go ahead and plan on purchasing a bike again. Still have questions though..

I learned to ride/shift gears etc on a crf150 dirtbike. They probably have no where near the power of a sportbike. Can anyone who has ever rode a dirtbike and say a ninja 250, or a 600 comment on the differences?

Im more-so interested in acceleration, turning and shifting difference then anything else. Im sort of leaning towards a used ninja 250. which are very cheap, and in demand it seems. Mainly to learn on for a few months. Then move onto a 500 or 600.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm temporarily living in Stuart and ride around there, look me up if you're up there or ride. I'd say 250 would be a good thing for your feet to get wet again after the accident. Anyway heal up soon.

:thumb: What made you wanna get back so quick? I thought you were having second thoughts. Good to hear from you though and you wanna get back on the saddle again. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We'll. im pretty much immobile. nothing to do but watch my friend ride his gsxr750 around =P

everyday I just think about riding.. dirtbike or street, I just love it =) The bike community seems really friendly/helpful, whereas the car one is mostly "yeah ill beat you in a race" etc heh

I think I may go with a 250 ninja, although I dont like the look, I can deal with it. Powersports down in delray has 2-3 used in stock atm.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Sounds like you're at least being reasonable about this. If it fits your budget, check out the EX-500's. Still tame enough for a learner but has the go to run higher speeds comfortably, too. You could tour the country on one.:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Budget really isnt a main concern for me, Im just worried about bike being too fast to be honest. Im sure that'll change once i test ride one around the block though =P

One more thing about a 250, How do they sound?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a lil update.. Due to insomnia and lots of searching. I found:

2003 KAWASAKI EX250/NINJA250R
1350 miles
Full transferable warranty until April 2007. This bike is in perfect condition.
$2200.00 OBO

10 minute drive away..not from a dealership. I think I may have to go with this bike if it checks out alright, seems very reasonable price =P

what ya guys think? too good to be true? or fair =P

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It seems priced right, still, try pitching $2000 or $1800 or less, I've seen them go for a little better deals. so it's not too good to be true, though it is a good deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts