Sportbike World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so everyone knows, I wasn't asking how to do a wheelie so I could go out and try one - because I wouldn't. I was just asking how they are done in general.

Hope this clears some things up.

Aside from what I said above, I have one other comment on what was said by AZ Scott: How would anybody learn how to wheelie without asking? How would anybody learn anything without asking? Maybe you should learn to think things through before you say them, moron.

------------------
ZeroMan.

Save the frogs. Respect your zeros.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I thought you were just curious, since I see you aren't of age. AZscott just got jacked, can he come back?? Simmer down :)

Trevor

------------------

·
Registered
328 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZeroMan:
How would anybody learn how to wheelie without asking? How would anybody learn anything without asking? Maybe you should learn to think things through before you say them, moron.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, kid. I'll let the moron comment slide, since you aren't old enough yet to know the difference.

As for asking how to do a wheelie? I'll put it this way. Everybody I have ever known who is good at doing wheelies figured it out on his own! You either have it, or you don't. If you ever learn to ride a motorcycle yourself, and you have the natural talent to do it well, you'll figure it out, too.

My other comment wasn't directed specifically at you, but to riders in general. I'm sick of all of these newbie riders watching the Las Vegas Extremes tapes over and over, and thinking they need to go out and learn to do all those stunts, and expecting us to teach them.

Doing those stunts on public streets is illegal, dangerous, and irresponsible. I'm not saying no one should ever do them, but if you want to, you're going to have to figure it out for yourself, and take responsibility for the consequences.

And in response to "God's" earlier question, yes, as a matter of fact, I am an expert rider. And a jackass. Any more questions?

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize that if I wanted to try something like a wheelie, I would have to figure out how to do it on my own. But it always helps to know the basic idea of how its done.

So, let's say you saw someone jump off a 100ft. platform, land in a shallow pool of water, and come out of it without a scratch. And you decided, "Hey, I want to do that, too." You just wouldn't go ahead and figure it out on your own. You'd ask the guy how it's done.

Well, the same thing applies when learning how to wheelie a motorcycle.

And I know the law. I know that doing a wheelie on the street is both dangerous and illegal. That's why I wouldn't do it. And if I were to try a wheelie, I would do it on a race track, etc.

Oh, and as for you (AZ Scott) being a jackass - well, you are. And as for you being an expert rider - well, maybe you are, maybe you aren't - it doesn't really matter, because either way you're still a jackass.

------------------
ZeroMan.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Im not even going to get involved and comment this time. ...OH Darn it! I did didnt I! Well since Im here, I still agree with Scott. Either you figure it out or you dont as far as willies. Zero, if you cant ride, wouldnt try a willie and know you shouldnt on public streets, WHY did you ask?

Why dont you learn to ride well first. i.e. take a MSF course or track school instead of worrying about willies?

I dont know you, but you come across as a squid, or rather, Wanna-be-squid with your posts. Since you are only known for what you write, I assume you are what you appear.

Anyone who says, "well Im new to sportbikes, never ridden one, but Hey! How do I willie?" seems like a moron to me.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
God I love this stuff. hehehehe. :D :D :D

But no, we are here to talk about bikes. Thats how we all got here. There are some good ?'s and there are some stupid ?'s. Just answer what you want.

Can't we all just get along. :rolleyes: :D :p

------------------
Dan F4 Red/Black

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
riverrunner_2000,

Maybe you didn't see what I said above, but I was wondering how other people do them (wheelies). I was not asking how to wheelie so that I could go out and do one myself.

And I asked how to do a wheelie because I just wanted to know how other people do them. I can't help that I have an inquisitive mind.

------------------
ZeroMan.

[This message has been edited by ZeroMan (edited July 21, 2000).]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Zero man said:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> And I know the law. I know that doing a wheelie on the street is both dangerous and illegal. That's why I
wouldn't do it. And if I were to try a wheelie, I would do it on a race track, etc. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd really like to emphisize

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> And if I were to try a wheelie, I would do it on a race track, etc <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Riiiiighhtt

------------------
Criminal. n. A person with predatory instincts who has not sufficient capital to form a corporation. --Howard Scott

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Before you ask... wheelieing on a racetrack is a big no-no, and will get you flagged/thrown off the track! They don't care if the front comes up exiting a corner, but it's gotta come right back down. The only time you will see a wheelie/stoppie/burnout on a track is on the victory lap after a pro-level race- the officials "look the other way" in the interest of making the fans happy.
The place to wheelie is a country road with no cars in sight. And please, all you morons who do mile long wheelies on the interstate and in town, stop it! You're making us all look bad!

------------------
'98 Superhawk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Funny Scott. Everybody I know who has tried to wheelie without ever asking or observing another person do a wheelie has failed. Many of them did nice vertical 180's. In my humble opinion, I think it is better that he ask and be told to start out easy. I don't want to bury my buddy just because he took your'e advice and tried to learn on his own.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
52 Posts
Come on guys, he's just a kid. Well, so am I at 17.

I agree with Tristan. Respond to what you want and leave the other posts alone and don't worry about it. Everyone had to read/ask/or conjure up a way to *get it up* in the first place(no pun intended).

------------------

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ok, Ill agree with you guys, but the main point Im concerned about is a new rider doing deadly/ foolish things. Hey Zero, thats cool that you're inquisitive, but please keep a level head about the things you do with a sportbike, it not only reflects on all of us, but I hate to hear about the damn fatalities. Peace.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many -- not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
-- Charles Dickens

S

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>POSTED BY RIVERRUNNER
I dont know you, but you come across as a squid, or rather, Wanna-be-squid with your posts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>POSTED BY GreenNinja
whether you are a Squid, WannabeSquid, or Abraham Lincolns <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey lets lay off the wannabes please!! We dont want any part of this....

MEOW !! HISSS!!! MEOW!!!

Just for the record please see 748_abuser's
comment on the other thread.. I agree with this method ..... Don't listen to anyone else!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>POSTED BY THE ZEROMAN Just so everyone knows, I wasn't asking how to do a wheelie so I could go out and try one - because I wouldn't. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHATEVER!!!! :rolleyes: !!!!!ANYWAYS!!! :rolleyes: !!!!YA OK!!!!! :rolleyes: !!!!

Look little Dude, there is nothing wrong with
pullin a wheelie here and there(except that it is kinda illegal, but thats just a technicallity!) just don't be a f**king loser about it! Example: Dont do it to show off! or Dont do it at every stop!

AND ANOTHER THING!!! STICKS AND STONES WILL BREAK MY BONES BUT.... :D

------------------
Hello I ride a motorcycle, please cut me off!

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited July 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
129 Posts
All i have to say is.... (see next post)

------------------
They have the internet on computers now???

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:
...Im concerned about is a new rider doing deadly/ foolish things...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

River, you say this and then want the kid to go out and try a wheelie to learn "on his own" ?????? YIKES!!!

Im all with Tristan and Colin on this one. Zero, whether you are a Squid, WannabeSquid, or Abraham Lincolns grandson, its better to ask a stupid question then make a stupid mistake. In reply to your initial question about wheelies, id suggest checking the archives here, if the threads havnt been cleaned off the server then u will find a wealth of knowledge on wheelies.

Good Luck!

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Hey all you Jackasses and Morons out there...save the name calling for the playground at recess. ;) :)

Zero, just to repeat, the best advice is to take the MSF course and learn to ride on two wheels--the wheelies will come with time.

You gotta pedal before you can fly.

------------------
Clark

[This message has been edited by RUG BURN (edited July 22, 2000).]

·
Registered
38 Posts
pedal before you can fly?...lol...i guess that would work. why are people dissing each other anyways. yikes!! can't we all work together in peace? this brotha just wants some answers and you have to start somewhere. where else to start except forums? anonymous people who you dont have to deal with face to face and look like a moron. :D :D and chill out zero...yikes!!! dont let people get to you bro...wheelies are scary at first, but you do a few moments at a time. just like taking steps.

------------------

·
Registered
23 Posts
Zero,

my 2 cents:

If you have a bike strong enough then you can wheelie it by giving it gas. Lower cc bikes, you should be in first gear, go about 15-20 mph, use 2 fingers on the clutch (the rest hang on) and pull in the clutch just enough so that it disengages. get the revs up quickly (not too much 7-8K) and let the clutch out. This is hard to practice, because your initial speed, revs, rider position, and how much gas in the tank is all factors. I have done the exact procedure and at times lifted the wheel only an inch, and others almost flipped it over. Have FUN!

------------------

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.