Sportbike World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm a big fan of Dish Network - their DVR system is the best hands down. If it's available in your area, check out AT&T's U-verse package as well - https://uverse1.att.com/un/launchAMSS.do

If you go the Dish Network route, let me know as I can send you a referral. I get free stuff (a few bucks off a month I think) and they wave a bunch of fees for you when you sign up too.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
+1 for Dish Network. The only time I've ever had a problem is when there's extremely heavy rain; and once the dish got too much snow on it.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Thanks! This is for my TV -- I probably should have mentioned that.

Someone recommended WOW cable to me. Anyone use them before??

Thanks again! :)

mb.
I have WOW, and no complaints. Comcast sucks ass. I had to have them come out and replace 3 modems, because they kept installing refurbished units. They were supposed to upgrade me to a DVR with HDMI connection, and brought one that didn't have it, then told me I would have to wait another week to get one. I told the guy to un-hook everything right then.

I ordered WOW, and had everything the same day. I have had it for about 5 months now, and it hasn't gone out once. I think it has 2 less HD channels than Comcast, but less headaches is worth more. And, its about $25 cheaper per month. I am still on my first modem as well.

Good luck.

Jon

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
i've tried all of them (comcast, dish, & direct tv - i can't get wow) and honestly they all suck for customer service and all try to screw with your bills. but i'd say i like comcast a little better for TV and lots better for internet. I have a 65" HDTV, so I care about the pic quality fwiw

:cheers:

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
i've tried all of them (comcast, dish, & direct tv - i can't get wow) and honestly they all suck for customer service and all try to screw with your bills. but i'd say i like comcast a little better for TV and lots better for internet. I have a 65" HDTV, so I care about the pic quality fwiw

:cheers:
That's a really surprising statement. I think there has been some study to show that Comcast has actually cut content in their HD stream when compared to the satellite services. Since you're on about as big an HD set one can reasonably get, the opinion is noteworthy. Thanks :thumb:

For reference, here's the AVSForum report that's the basis of my presumptions.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That's a really surprising statement. I think there has been some study to show that Comcast has actually cut content in their HD stream when compared to the satellite services. Since you're on about as big an HD set one can reasonably get, the opinion is noteworthy. Thanks :thumb:

For reference, here's the AVSForum report that's the basis of my presumptions.
I've heard the same thing, but figured I'd share my .02 since it was different and I'm def not biased - I hate them all equally! :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts