Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!

A friend of mine and I are going to be looking to get some bike to bike communicator things. We've looked at a few, but he found one on the web called a Collett Communicator 900. Does anyone have one of these or know how good they are?? They seem decent, but the reviews I've seen are either great or crap, and even those are from people that have only used one a few times. If anyone has one, how well does it work, and would you suggest it to anyone else??

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
collet communicators

I've got a pair of Collet Communicators.. they're 2 channel, 1 private, and one universal, (universal channel is the freq. the snomobile grooming machines use as well, to warn you they're just around the bend.. not applicable here I dont think heh)

I used them mostly for the step kid, when teaching him to ride offroad on quads/dirtbikes.. havent really used them since the lil woman took off with him, so if you're interested, I just might be willing to part with them..

anyhow, they're voice activated.. I've had the best luck blowing into the mic a bit to get it activated, then talk... once they're set up right, they work GREAT.. the range seems to vary with battery strength.. usually up to no less then a mile when fully charged.. the battery packs connect directly to a 110VAC charger, that's supplied with the communictors..

I've either bought, or demo'ed every type of communicator out there, and the Collets seem to be the best all around

lemme know if I missed anything ;)

...Aerik

[edditteed forr speelign]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
you get what you pay for, i have really never heard of collet before so i would most definately stay away from them, if you want a good reliable communicator, i suggest that you look into chatterbox by hjc, they have several models to suit your needs and your budgets......i personally have the x1, which has a 5 mile range and a cell phone jack just to name a few options, you can find them at most motorcycle websites, try www.ridergear.com

they have the best prices for the chatterbox's i have seen so far

1 - 3 of 3 Posts