Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What jackets do you guys and gals use for cold weather riding. My perforated leather is not doing the job for this 50 degree stuff and it sure wont when we get into the 30 and 40's.

I'm looking for brand/style suggestions or links to places. I'm going to go check out rocky's in flint and see what they have, but I plan on buying online to save a lot of money. Thanks!!

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
derxz said:
What jackets do you guys and gals use for cold weather riding...
I use a textile Dri-rider style jacket that has a zip-out liner. Gets down to the mid-30's F here in Winter, then add the wind-chill at 70mph.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I have a Teknic textile riding jacket and pants. Both have a zip out liner and are waterproof. It is warm in the winter and hot in the summer, which is why I do not wear it in the summer. I use it for Spring and Autumn riding. Not sure of the model, I'll look soon and let you know.:thumb:

Have you thought about a heated vest? I have but, but not enough to do research to figure out which one is the best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey doc, i've looked at a few and found some on ebay pretty decently price. I was thinking about getting a set with arm chaps, glove liners and vest, but undecided. I would still need a warm jacket 'cause that perforated a* isn't going to do anything.

looking for something that is windproof

·
Registered
839 Posts
My warmest winter gear is from Aerostich.com It is 1000 denier Cordura nylon that is lined with Gortex and is both windproof and waterproof. I can zip in multiple layers of fleece lining for both the upper and lower body. I used this to ride to Prudhoe Bay Alaska, 350 miles north of the Arctic Circle to the edge of the polar ice cap. What gets coldest is my hands and feet. I have heavy winter Gortex lined winter gloves and gortex lined boots, but they still aren't enough at 30 degrees. Aerostich is expensive, but if it gets damaged, it can be repaired. It's designed to last for decades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts