Sportbike World banner

Cold Holiday Weekend

796 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  scanevalexec 
#1 ·
Not sure how it was for the rest of you but it is way cold here in SC this weekend. Went for a short ride Thanksgiving but it was overcast and cold. Yesterday it rained all day and today it is clear but freezing. Looks like it was probably the same for most of us this weekend. Bummer. Come on Spring Time!

#3 ·
Yesterday i sat outside with my snowboard on waiting for the snow to accumulate. Didn't happen:(

#4 ·
Alas, it spit enough flurries here Friday night to get the salt trucks rolling, so I guess the bike is officially away for the winter. And I was so hoping to get at least a week or two into December, but I don't want all the crud getting on my bike. :( Gotta go out this week and get a battery tender, though. I learned that lesson the hard way last winter with the riding mower's battery, cause it was dead last spring.

Now that that's settled, let it snow, let snow, let it snow!

#6 ·
it's been cold and rainy here, but there is no way i am putting my bike away for the winter, i will still ride on the days it doesn't rain, and i would never be able to bring myself to "put it away" because as soon as i did there would be a bright sunny warm day and i would be SOL.

#7 ·
thundercat13 said:
it's been cold and rainy here, but there is no way i am putting my bike away for the winter...
Well, when I say "put away" I mean it's parked in the garage, sta-bil in the tank, oil/filter changed, chain lubed, cleaned and covered. Haven't taken the battery out yet as it's been parked just a week.

Even though I don't want salt getting on it, if a warm sunny day comes up in the next couple of weeks, I honestly don't know that I'd be able to resist gettting it out. But from the current outlook, there isn't going to be a decent riding day popping up anytime soon. After that, I know that the weather is going to go completely "winter" around here. It always does. Sigh.

#8 ·
I'm trying to hold out as long as I can. I pulled the battery in when the snow started, and put it on the tender in the basement. I'm leaving the bike out front for now under the tarp. I filled the tank, and put in stabil. Also, in the case it doesn't get ridden any time soon, I fogged the cylinders. I'm going to try and ride it once a week or so, but I'm also going to treat it as being stored. I bought a nice tarp (vented and weather-proof), but I have one last concern. My tires. I worry if I don't ride it should I be concerned about the tires resting on the side-stand. I have no center-stand and wonder if I should take the time (and money) to suspend the tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.