Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I pull in my clutch lever (disengage it), occasionally at low speeds when I'm coming to a stop I can feel a faint "wobble" coming from the clutch area. I called the dealership, and even though the bike is under warranty they said this wouldn't be covered unless it was something major. So I'm wondering what this could be, and whether or not it's worth them having a look at. This has also been going on for as long as I remember owning the bike. Other than this little bit of a wobble when it is in neutral (which isn't that frequent) the clutch performs fine - no slipping, catching, etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
ummm the dealer can do that, i mean if my cars under warranty and somthing minor goes wrong they have to at least look into it before saying o its nothing major so sorry buddy.
y would you buy a car/bike and have a warranty if they only want to see you when your engine blows up.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i dont really get what you are saying...so its happening in neutral? the only think i could think of is if you are in gear, especially in first gear, and you are slowing down and then disengage the clutch, that might happen just from the sudden release of torque on the transmission. other than that, i dont know what to tell you. doesnt sound major, but id make your dealer look at it, its a warranty for a reason. although then you wont have your bike for a few weeks while they get to it.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay, thanks guys

The dealer bascially told me that I will be charged (even though it's under warranty) unless the clutch is slipping or not disengaging, b/c anything less severe than that is just a "wear and tear" or "adjustment" issue and that's not part of the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts