·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends R1:

Just sitting there, we
1) press in the clutch
2) turn it on

When we bump it into first (just sitting there)
it kind of jerks just very very slightly.

Is this normal?

thanks

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
The MSF Course is the answer, as I have been saying from the start. Mind you one can learn on their own, as I did right after WWII, all on my own with no peers or relatives or friends that road m/cs, no asking questions as you & others are often doing, to plain errors & mistakes till you find out, but believe me so much is answered by the MSF Course.

So do not be be in a pinic & wait till you enter the course & follow their instructions to guidence for you will be riding one of their bikes.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
adjust your clutch cable
Huh? The lurch when going to first from nuetral is completely normal in wet clutches. Even when the clutch is disengaged, the oil in the clutch sticks the plates together, and when the transmitionis goes into first, that bond comes undone suddenly resulting in the "clunk" and lurch. You can adjust the clutch cable untill you hands turn blue and you still wont get rid of it. Draining the tranny of oil will, but you will find yourself shopping for a new bike very very soon.

·
Registered
352 Posts
TY for the lesson on wet clutches vash, i thought if it was noticble enough to make it to a thread, maybe itd just need an adjustment.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
The only reason it made it to a thread is because its coming from a newbie with very little expirience in bikes. No offence meant here, the "clunk" suprises many newbs, myself included.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
i wonder about the kid who owns the R1:huh:
I'm guessing thats his first bike too :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts