Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I have a 96 ZX6R.When I take off (hard) from 1 and hit 2 it hesitates for a sec but when I take off (easy) it don't do that .It's just 2 all the other gears are good.Would that be the clutch or tran.It fills like the clutch is slipping but I'm new to this and don't have a manual.Any help would be great.:thumbs2:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Agree it does sound like the clutch, for the first gear or two are low & darn powerful plus they are being USED with a lot more vigor then third to sixth that are slipped in when needed. Think of it & from dead still to really honking & "on pipe" said first & second gear are put the the test & chore each time you start to ride-----like third, fourth, fifth & sixth come in a more pleasent way with no dead load of a m/c & its rider.

·
Registered
227 Posts
make sure your chain is properly adjusted. If it's too lose it could definitely cause the kind of lag you're describing.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
True if you have the proper tools, the parts needed & so much more plus having done the clutch job before------it takes around three hrs. So yes it is really a m/c shop job in the hands of an experienced mechanic.

You can run into an unexpected glich & it might mean a few more days before YOU are able to have it perfected & able to ride.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts