Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone think about vented clutch covers for normal street use? Should I worry about dirt and road grime getting inside? As always, I will appreciate your thoughts.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Personally, I wouldent use one on the street. Road dirt and grime would build up and make it slip like mad! and I wouldent want to have pebbles and small rocks in my clutch assembly...:eek:
Just my:2cents:
:cheers:

·
Registered
272 Posts
superman6696 said:
yeah, thats what i was thinking. but on the other hand, i haven't heard of anyone having problems. so...
Hmm, good point. But I also have never seen a vented clutch cover on a streetbike...

:dunno:

What I said earlyer was just my opinion of what would happen, but I really dont know anything for a fact...

Good luck finding some usefull info :thumbs2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think that i'm going to put one on. One of the reasons why i was going to put one on was because i heard that it makes the clutch louder. And you gotta love the sound of a dry clutch!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I see... well I guess it would make it "louder". But its main intention I assume is to keep the clutch and pressure plate cool on the track. (As you probably already know) So it's designed for the track, not the street. Get an exaust, that should keep your ears happy:thumbs2:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Open clutch covers pose no problems unless your bike has significant fluid leaks or no fairings to cover the area from debris. I have had no issues at all with liquids or debris for more than 8K miles. The only issue is how much you want to spend (they start at 130-180 and up for nice quality billet.

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
Had them on all my Duc's and never had a problem. My 900SS has 40K miles on it, vented clutch from the first year...all is good. Now get a nice set of CF cans, coupled with the Desmo sound, and let the symphony begin!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts