Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I saw Pete, Pat and Bill at Jay's last night I took the Speed Triple home and got the F4i. Took for a nice ride out 980 then some twisties near Nevillewood I used to ride all the time. Felt great to be on the bike again, it's been weeks.

I'm coming up 79 south after the Bridgeville exit where it's three lanes, no traffic, so I open it up. Got it about 3/4 up that hill glance down and I'm doing 132. I see two tractor trailers in the far right lane up ahead and one old pickup in the middle lane as I'm coming up fast.

The pickup, for no reason I can think of, decides he should move into my left lane. :eek: No time to brake, I ended up riding the rumble strips on the side around him on the left then swinging back on the highway.

I honestly don't know how I did it, it was pure reaction, and it scared the hell out of me.

Be careful out there boys and girls, they're all trying to kill ya.

Just thought I'd share.:twofinger
John

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission. Really though.....good move. Oh.....Jay's totally sucked!!!! I am thinking that....might have been my last time there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UglyAngelX said:
The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission.
Hmm, maybe.:twofinger I wouldn't mind someone totalling it so I could cash in the insurance, I just don't want to be near it when it gets run over by a tractor trailer.

If I was on the Triumph, there's no way I would've been able to make that move. Nothing wrong with the bike, I'm just not as comfortable on it. I guess that's one of the reasons I like my F4i so much....flickability. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
The reason he pulled over to the side.....he thought he smelled that Triumph you were riding earlier and thought he would do the cycling community a favor and put it out of commission. Really though.....good move. Oh.....Jay's totally sucked!!!! I am thinking that....might have been my last time there.
what was wrong with jays this week? last week seemed alright.. is it cuz i wasnt there?;)

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
UglyAngelX said:
should have expected that!! Look who planned out the ride!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU STFU
  1. STFU
  2. STFU
  3. STFU
  4. STFU
  5. and for Ernie STFD
    [/list=1]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts