Sportbike World banner

Classic Trophy picture

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  ariszr7 
#1 ·
Here is a picture I took at the 9th Classic Trophy last month in Greece.
Can you find what bike this is?

Aris

#7 ·
Here is one more hint for this trivia...It seems this is a hard one ;)
The company that produced this bike a long time ago, 47 years ago to be exact, is Japanese as I already mentioned in an earlier post, and is still in business! But it's not producing motorcycles anymore...
Another thing is that this bike is really very small in size, it looks to be normal size because the owner standing next to it, a really nice guy, is small as well :)

Aris

#9 ·
No tigertex...
Ok here is the final hint that will probably help you find it.
The brand name contains an 'H' in it and nowadays they are well known worldwide for their outboard boat engines.

Aris

#10 ·
Alright. I'm about to give up. The closest that I have found (and I know it's not the same bike) is this, Its a TOHATSU (See? Contains an "H" :)) PK54. The logo doesn't look the same but the bikes do look similar and the time period is right. I don't know much about outboard motors but I know that Tohatsu does makes them.

#11 ·
Hi Tigertex,

Actually it IS a TOHATSU! :) Congrats
You got it right, I knew thre outboards hint was a good one.
I know it is an 80cc automatic built in 1955, the owner told me that. It looks very similar to the picture you posted, but the badge and engine cases look different.

Aris

#13 ·
Andy said:
Hi Aris,

That was a fun trivia! I looked for hours but could not find it. That is one rare motorcycle. I sure learned a lot about old Japanese motorcycle manufacturers.

Here is a trivia for you, Tohatsu means "hair" in Japanese.

Andy
I'm glad you enjoyed it Andy!
Now that Tohatsu means 'hair' I certainly didn't know! :)

Aris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.