1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And surprise surprise.....

I've gone for a Ducati.

But not the 1098. or the 1098s.

Yes, I have put down a deposit on the 1100s Hypermotard - and no, it wasn't because of the Xaus video before you ask. After the fairly massive back op, I am actually lucky to be able to ride still - but a sportbike may well and truly be out of the question now.

I have had a ride on the 1098 and it's an awesome piece of kit - but with a retail here of almost S$47000 (inc the termis) makes it ridiculous and having just made a claim on my policy, insurance on it would be prohibitive.

The bike arrives July 1. The best thing is that if the retard turns up and is shite, I have the option of robbing a bank and buying the 1098.

All I need now is a job. And a flat. Ideally with fort knox bolted on the side of it. :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :(

Attachments

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was surprised....

Well, the base model comes in less than a new blade, the 'S' costs around 1500 more than the blade. So the uprated motard is about 10k cheaper than the 1098s

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That really is a sweet bit of kit mate. Ducati really seem to be onto something lately with general marketing and product placement.

I wonder what will happen with the new CEO stepping in?

What the story with your back mate?? ... what did you need the big op for ??

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neurosurgery

Farked the back while stretching before going for a run (believe it or not). Thought I had torn a hammy but ended up checking myself in to A&E.

Was told to go home and lie down.

A week later, I returned having no feeling in my right leg at all. Turns out I had tractioned a nerve in my back that was caused by 2 ruptured discs.

Unable to walk, I was sent to a Neurosurgeon; I was operated on that week. Had to have an L4/L5/S1 discectomy as well as a laminectomy on the same bones.. 11 staples in my back and unable to move for 4 weeks.

Nice.. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Up and about and walking now (albeit with a limp)

And, funny enough, I'm back to being the size of a friggin house. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
geez Chumley, spinal fussion !!! ..... that is not good mate. How did you manage to squash discs ?? ... it takes more than a stretch mate ... you been walking about in your sleep and jumping off buildings???

Glad to see you are getting back on a Duke. It was you that got me infected with the bug after all.

I can't see you going wrong with the hypermotard mate ... what a bit of kit that is !!

Now if I only had a job, I would be sorely tempted ....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts