Sportbike World banner

Chrome wheels???

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  YogiStylez 
#1 ·
Peace peeps!!! :D

Just a small question...what is the best place to send my wheels off to get chrome plated...I really don't want to send my wheels off to someone who doesn't do quality work. Or, does someone know of an exchange spot, with a fair price? Please respond!!! Thanks!!!:hurl:

#3 ·
Why would you want to get your wheels polished??? Most people are trying to take weight off of a bike and you want to add. I can see polishing, it takes a tiny amount of weight off and if done right, looks really good. Get some supplies and polish them yourself, you will save money and weight.....not to mention you will avoid cracking of chrome and who really knows what the heat does to the wheels.

#4 ·
UglyAngelX said:
Why would you want to get your wheels polished??? Most people are trying to take weight off of a bike and you want to add. I can see polishing, it takes a tiny amount of weight off and if done right, looks really good. Get some supplies and polish them yourself, you will save money and weight.....not to mention you will avoid cracking of chrome and who really knows what the heat does to the wheels.
Chrome is sweet. It does have a tendency to crack or flake. $200 a piece is a killer price. It is like $600/pair here. That is with exchange of your original wheels.

#5 ·
Re: Chrome Wheels

Well, I have both of the last two bikes I have had chromed out and I still smoke everything I go up against, other than Nitrous Bikes and turbos, and the chrome from them doesn't fade or crack and I have been down at Bike Week in Myrtle Beach the last several years and nothing has changed.

Just my 2 cents.

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.