Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to have your wheels chrome dipped? I've seen new chrome wheels that cost up to $800 a piece:finger: .

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Registered
860 Posts
i would go and get new rims instead of getting em dipped. wich might be more expensive since all the work that goes into getting it chromed. also it will depend on how busy they are you might see alot of down time.:( but im only guessing with al il bit of knowledge from some car show on tv i was watching on how they crome things

·
Registered
15 Posts
At My shop!We're Charging $650 for Triple Chrome plated Rims!

But,Ya know What!!!!I can go as Low as $400 and still make A couple of dollars!:D

Triple Chrome w/A 1yr warrenty!

BTW:I hope this is'nt concidered 'Spamming' as much as just helping A Biker Brotha Out!;)
Later!

·
Registered
2 Posts
you could do it yourself for less than twenty bucks. Get Aircraft paint stripper at any autoparts store. Spray it on and leave it on for about ten minutes and it will bubble. Then you just take any type of plastic flat surface tool and take it off. Majority of the paint will just strip off like butter. Some spots you will have to work at, but basically its easy. Be sure to clean your rim first or else the areas that are not clean are the areas you will have to work out because the solution wont eat through dirt.

·
Registered
227 Posts
ONYOUR4S,
Fyi, the technique you referring too, is polishing not chroming...There is a difference however both look good..

The steps you listed are very vauge...In a nut-shell thats how i polished my wheels,, but the instructions to do so are a little more specific then that....just wouldnt want to see someone ruin there wheels, thas all

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
polish the rims yourself. It is not a hard process at all and they look great and will not crack like chrome. Why would you want to take a lightweight wheel and make it heavier by adding chrome?? Besides, when everyone comments on how good they look, you can tell them you did it yourself.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Is it hard to polish wheels? I was thinking about it but I don't want to start untill I get a bit more info. It looks like it takes more time than effort to me. What are some final steps in polishing? Mothers polish and then wax? Are they a real pain to keep clean?Give some tips !

·
Registered
227 Posts
Its not hard, just time consuming....If you want the instructions on how to polish your wheels, leave me your e-mail addy & i'll send ya the file......:thumb:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Ruff-rida, send me the file whenever you can. My email is
[email protected] . I might polish my wheels since my bike is off the road for awhile but I was also thinking about powdercoating them white. I'll decide soon enough.
Thanks in advance !:thumb:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Check your mailbox, I tried sending it from two of my mail accounts & it got bounced back..?? I know the file is fine, because i have sent it out before.......however mayb the file is too big for your host, the size is 1239 Kb....Let me know if you have another addy i could try......:( If you dont, ill try to compress the file for ya,, and mayb then it will be cool.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for sending the file !:thumb: One small problem though...It won't open for some reason it had an error or something, when the comp opened the wordpad program it would freeze up and I had to use Ctrl/Alt/Del to close it. Maybe i'ts my computer but I don'k know. Try again if you don't mind:( I'll look around on the net for info if I can't read the file.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ninjabeater said:
Hey Ruff-rida, send me the file whenever you can. My email is
[email protected] . I might polish my wheels since my bike is off the road for awhile but I was also thinking about powdercoating them white. I'll decide soon enough.
Thanks in advance !:thumb:
Do not!!!! and I repeat DO NOT Powder coat the wheels white!!! My gixxer wheels are white and the biggest pain to keep clean!!! I polished the lips and they are very easy to keep clean. Next I will be powder coating the rest to a blue color or something dark. Keeping the white clean is tooooo much work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts