Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, its hard to tell from the news and analysts. Ya think its gonna be a good year for Christmas sales, or will be it be lower?

In hindsight, I think we bought more between Oct and (the upcoming) end of Dec than last year, but most of that was NOT gifts.

Are you shopping more or less this year?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
kanwisch said:
So, its hard to tell from the news and analysts. Ya think its gonna be a good year for Christmas sales, or will be it be lower?

In hindsight, I think we bought more between Oct and (the upcoming) end of Dec than last year, but most of that was NOT gifts.

Personally, I think overall sales are yet another victim influenced by the war and election......there's been way to much drama this year:( . My personal budget for the hollidays hasnt changed much, but I fear that may not be so for some others:2cents: .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
My wife and I are about to do a big move overseas to Japan...gotta save the money. I will still buy gifts for my family, but her and I are going to give each other imaginary gifts this year. No sweat off my sack. Couldn't care less. :2cents: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
My wife and I are about to do a big move overseas to Japan...gotta save the money. I will still buy gifts for my family, but her and I are going to give each other imaginary gifts this year. No sweat off my sack. Couldn't care less. :2cents: :thumb:
Danggitt......guess that means Im not getting the strap-on you promised:D .

Smart move though slip, save now....enjoy the benifits later:thumb: . Hope you have a laptop so you can stay in touch after you leave:( .

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sisqo said:

Smart move though slip, save now....enjoy the benifits later:thumb: . Hope you have a laptop so you can stay in touch after you leave:( .
Why can't I use my desktop when we move over there?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
Why can't I use my desktop when we move over there?
LOL....no reason, I forgot that you are actually moving to LIVE over there. For some reason, I was thinking that you were going to be on assignment and bouncing around all of the time in which case a lap would be a handy item to have:D.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sisqo said:

LOL....no reason, I forgot that you are actually moving to LIVE over there. For some reason, I was thinking that you were going to be on assignment and bouncing around all of the time in which case a lap would be a handy item to have:D.
Technically her and I will be over there "to live" persay...but chances are I am going to be deployed a lot.

Don't worry though, I will keep in touch with most of you f*ckers. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
Technically her and I will be over there "to live" persay...but chances are I am going to be deployed a lot.

Don't worry though, I will keep in touch with most of you f*ckers. :thumb:
I think it would be very interesting to live in another part of the world, not very many people get a chance to do that. Whatever you do, just dont start speaking Japanese:laughing:!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
sisqo said:
I think it would be very interesting to live in another part of the world, not very many people get a chance to do that. Whatever you do, just dont start speaking Japanese:laughing:!
I think that after 3 years, I will miss the states so much that I am going to despise everything Japanese. But who knows? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Slip-On said:
I think that after 3 years, I will miss the states so much that I am going to despise everything Japanese. But who knows? :dunno:
I think after 3 years of Japan your sanity will be nothing more than a distant memory and your wife will be helping you pull your foot out of your own ass........but, who am I to say anything:p ;) .

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
kanwisch said:

We're definitely shopping less this year, but at the same time we're better off financially than last year. Doesn't make much sense, but oh well. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Re: Re: Christmas purchases

spicersh said:
We're definitely shopping less this year, but at the same time we're better off financially than last year. Doesn't make much sense, but oh well. :dunno:
Diapers and baby food cost a lot my friend!

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Christmas purchases

Slip-On said:
Diapers and baby food cost a lot my friend!
Diapers do, but baby food is free. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Re: Christmas purchases

spicersh said:
A decline in shopping is probably the reason you are more financially stable;) . Having a kid can do crazy things to people, including becoming a pack rat with money. Role model parents......way to go Scott:D .

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
sisqo said:
Actually, billions and billions of people live in another part of the world. And whats really surprising, some of those people think that we live in another part of the world.

:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Kevlar7R said:
Actually, billions and billions of people live in another part of the world. And whats really surprising, some of those people think that we live in another part of the world.

:twofinger :twofinger
Smartass......:laughing: :laughing: :thumb: .

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Christmas purchases

sisqo said:
Role model parents......way to go Scott:D .

Now that's just a scary compliment.. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Christmas purchases

spicerke said:
Now that's just a scary compliment.. :twofinger
For your new-born's sake, lets hope not:p .

·
Some days are like this.
3,132 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Christmas purchases

sisqo said:
For your new-born's sake, lets hope not:p .
I think Scott and I are still amazed that we're parents, it's a scary thing!

As for the original question: we're spending money on pictures of the baby and family this year, and staying pretty simple with gifts. I think we're more into the excitement of our first year as a family (with baby) and just enjoying that, as opposed to racking up bills.

Slip-on: diapers are a pain... $10 for a pack of 40, and Newborn size don't come in bigger amounts. :mad: Scott had it right, though, the food is free, which is nice! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Christmas purchases

spicerke said:
I think Scott and I are still amazed that we're parents, it's a scary thing!

As for the original question: we're spending money on pictures of the baby and family this year, and staying pretty simple with gifts. I think we're more into the excitement of our first year as a family (with baby) and just enjoying that, as opposed to racking up bills.

Slip-on: diapers are a pain... $10 for a pack of 40, and Newborn size don't come in bigger amounts. :mad: Scott had it right, though, the food is free, which is nice! :thumb:
Scary......but a good thing. If I were one of you guys, that baby would be all the Christmas present I needed;) :thumb: .

1 - 20 of 45 Posts