Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for a new bike. I like the look and all the magazine reports about the Honda RR series bikes. However I am 5'6" 175 lbs and wondering what size would be best. The 1000 comes with the steering dampiner and is similar in size of the 600. Everybody else has big bikes but I like the twisties. Will the 1000 give me the same effect that I get with slinging around a lighter 600 but let me keep up with the Haybusa and ZX11. plus I realy like the undertail exhaust. Or should I get another GIXXER?

·
Registered
471 Posts
ChiknHawk said:
It's time for a new bike. I like the look and all the magazine reports about the Honda RR series bikes. However I am 5'6" 175 lbs and wondering what size would be best. The 1000 comes with the steering dampiner and is similar in size of the 600. Everybody else has big bikes but I like the twisties. Will the 1000 give me the same effect that I get with slinging around a lighter 600 but let me keep up with the Haybusa and ZX11. plus I realy like the undertail exhaust. Or should I get another GIXXER?
look at race times between 600 and 1000 bikes. there is very little difference. my guess is also that the difference between them is not something us mere mortals will ever be able to really know in the street. that being said, 600's do feel more "nimble" than 1000 do. you need to throw your body weight around a bit more on a litre bike to get it flipping back and forth the same way a 600 does, but it really isn't a huge difference. often people feel like they are going faster on 600's becuase you need to have the RPM's higher to match the same UMPF! from a 1000cc. your height / weight ratio might make a 600 a little more manageable than a litre bike.

fuck honda and suzuki. get a YAMAHA. the R6 is best handling bike, ever. Rumor has it that 2005 R6 just broke 9.9something on the 1/4 mile. thats mad fast for a stock 600, faster than anyone ever really needs in the real world.

-sedition

·
Registered
293 Posts
Re: Re: Choices

Chris Sedition said:
Rumor has it that 2005 R6 just broke 9.9something on the 1/4 mile. thats mad fast for a stock 600, faster than anyone ever really needs in the real world.

I have heard that also, but supposedly bike had been lowered and -1 on front sprocket. AND had a pro drag racer launching it. I'm not doubting the prowess of the new R6. If I was wasn't such a large person, I'd buy a new R6. Hell I almost bought the 03 silver/black R6 but happened on the deal on my F4i. But I look like an elephant givin it to a football on a 600. Hence my 929.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts