Sportbike World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day, I was looking at a pic I took of my bike after I had put about 800 miles on it (b/c when you first get the bike, you must take roughly 56 pics at every angle :) )

Anyway, I was looking at a pic of the rear and noticed (what I later learned) the chicken stripe were what seemed like 2" wide.

Today, after a lengthy, curvy, sweaty ride I decided to look at the aforemetioned chicken stripes and they are about 1/4". I guess 2400 mi later, I gettin' the hang of this whole "leaning" thing:twofinger .

Seriously though, after many tips on turning at higher speeds on this site, my cornering is MUCH MUCH smoother. I''m able to get everything done (such as getting in the correct gear, shifting my weight, putting the balls of my feet on the pegs etc) just before the entry into the corner/turn. I can now hit the apex and already be in the correct gear/speed to accelereate hard outta there.

Man, once you learn to actually RIDE, it's ALOT more fun!! Glad I spent my time asking more experienced riders about techiques and such, rather than being a squid and concentrating on wheelies. Now my quest is to find the elusive 50 mile stretch of twisties.:finger:

Sorry for the long post. I got excited (Whoa!!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I understand what you mean. It took me almost 4000 miles, but I'm finally on the edge of my tire. It figures, though, it looks like I might have to get new tires late this summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts