Sportbike World banner

Checks this out.....

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Yellojacket 
#1 ·
Can you believe some of these MFR's?? I think we have more to worry about than the careless everyday cage. This pisses me off. Granted, it doesn't pertain to street bikes as much..and you may have seen it before,but... http://off-road.com/vw/enviro/efdm.html#HOW

------------------
Hamburgers. The
cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast.

#3 ·
Aside from serious ethical, moral and legal violations, it makes me sick that these people call them selves environmentalists...(they're not!)

Lets just hope that no one is really THAT dumb to try anything described there...

------------------
When you're racing youre living, everything else is just waiting. E.K.

#5 ·
Earth First is most decidely no more friendly to "cagers" than they are to any other variety of "Enemy soldiers."

It isn't the trail riding that offends them so much, it's the use of "that demon-spawn infernal combustion engine." If it wasn't beyond the realm of practicality for your average neo-Luddite EFer, they'd also be suggesting pungi-pits for cars on the highways. They ARE whacko.

And so many people are concerned about the "extreme right-wing militants" hiding in the woods!

(Of course, it is amusing to contemplate what will happen when the EFers try implementing some of that stuff in territory frequented by gun-totin' ATV riders!)

------------------
"It came to pass..."

#6 ·
Dont go emailing those guys - thats an off road website.. they are posting the info as an FYI.. cool yer jets. :)

------------------
"The woodman does more by skill than by brute force; by skill the pilot guides his storm-tossed barque over the sea, and so by skill one driver can beat another."

#7 ·
Exactly! Jeez, people, a little "reading comprehension" please? The Sahara Club are the GOOD GUYS! Their name is a parody of the Sierra Club, which are left-wing environmentalists.

"EARTH FIRST!" is an extremist group who go beyond the realm of sanity in any form. They believe that any bug, rodent, or weed is more important than any human being, and they think nothing of killing and maiming people in the name of their "cause", whatever the hell that is...

They've been around for years, but their numbers are dwindling for the most part. But there will ALWAYS be a few wackos out there. There's not much you can do about it, though, because like any other terrorist group, they use pure chicken-shit tactics.

------------------
A fool and his money are soon partying.

#8 ·
ROFLMAO!

Why are all you guys gettin' so pissed? That's the funniest f*ckin' thing I've ever read!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :): ) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :): ) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Seriously now, everybody has the right to their own opinion, no matter how stupid that opinion may be. Although, I must say, if I had my own country on an island somewhere in the Atlantic, the guys who wrote that would be banished and thrown into the sea for the sharks.

Wow, I have a sick mind. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

------------------

#9 ·
Everybody has a right to their own opinion?? I agree to an extent, but I don't think it's right to post that kind of shit on the net...it's the same as posting instructions on bomb making. Every time I look at those "instructions" I get ill...seriously.: ;(

------------------
Hamburgers. The
cornerstone of any
nutritious breakfast.

#10 ·
I'm with Drew on this one! Yes everyone does have the right to their own opinion but that type of s@it is a very serious matter. That info is basically telling someone how to kill a person indirectly. Any of that s@it could easily cripple someone for life or even kill them you guys, think that is right??? I dont see anything on that page as an opinion!!!! its simply a invitation for some phyco to take literally!! ok I am done ranting now (thanks for listening)

------------------

#11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BikerDad:

(Of course, it is amusing to contemplate what will happen when the EFers try implementing some of that stuff in territory frequented by gun-totin' ATV riders!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!

My 2 Cents -

That's the beauty and the beast of the internet.
Most poeple will read and absorb for what it's
worth however things can always be misconstrued
and become pontientally volitite.

Waddya do...

Chris

------------------
I've got what it takes to take what you've got.

#12 ·
Drew and Yellojacket,

Everyone DOES have a right to their opinions, and I don't mean by law. I meant that there is no way to keep someone from thinking what they want to think.

And by "opinion", I meant the idea that we (motorcyclists) are destroying the environment. The other sh*t about how to, as Yello put it - "indirectly kiil us" - IS a very serious matter. As I said before, I think the guys who wrote that should be thrown to the sharks (or at least LIFE in prison) because that article was obviously intended not to be a joke. I mean, why else would somebody go through all the trouble to put that together?

------------------

#13 ·
Man, you guys are wiggin'. I thought that stuff was pretty amusing, someone with a little imagination has everyone here freakin out. IMHO information doesn't hurt-people hurt(and mutilate, decapitate etc.). The real psycho's don't need a manual on how to make bombs or directions on how to make booby traps, they will just as soon kill you with a gas bomb as a stick of dynamite. I like the slogan, "fear the gov. that fears your gun". Kinda follows here--don't condemn someone for their thoughts, only actions.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

#15 ·
Spifire, To answer your last question on "why else would someone go to the trouble"
thats the whole point to my ranting, that is pretty scary for an individual to take all the time to write up diagrams and everything!!! Personally I dont have a problem with the whole off roading thing I am a four wheeler myself, I just think this author of the article has a few screws loose upstairs!! (OK now I am really done ranting) later-

------------------

#17 ·
OK I think we just about wore out this topic. I'm done, PEACE!!!( by the way Spitfire I didn't mean for that last post to sound negative towards you in anyway I was just agreeing with the question you wrote)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Yellojacket (edited August 18, 2000).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.