Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I want to find a bike, but if you've read my posts you know the trouble I've had, so now I just want to buy a cheap $100-400 bike to cruise to work on, and maybe have some weekend fun, until I can buy a bike I really want, plus this will let me get used to riding again. anyone know where to look or and classifieds other then cycletrader. I live in florida if that helps, thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
are there any bike salvage yards, like a u-pull-it kind of place. has anyone ever seen grease 2, are there really yard like that where you pay $100 and they let you build your own bike. sorry I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I'm desperate for a bike. help:crying:

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Lol, you are reaching man, I feel for ya....

It would be alot easier to get your butt out here and buy that Hurricane and ride it back to FL. than it would be to sit in a junk yard and build a bike :p

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your probably right, but I can't afford that hurricane, or the plane ticket to go with it, I can afford to buy a $100 bike though ;)

·
Registered
152 Posts
St Petersburg Motorcycle Salvage Yard

There is one in St.Petersburg, but I can't remember the name. They may be in the Motorcycle Trader. It is off 38thAveN. and 34th St (US19). If you find Lealman Middle School you are about 3 blocks away. Call the dealers in St. Pete, they will know the name.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool, I'll have to check it out, maybe I'll come back with a jewel, most likely what ever I build wont make the ride home :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
In Miami

There was a place down there just north of the Golden Glades. You could see them from I-95. They did work on my RD400 and had a lot of rebuilt bikes. I know they were having a going out of business sale a while back. In a warehouse area right next to tri-rail tracks.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any chance you could get the name for me, I'd be very greatful. theres a place here called pompano pats, but all there bikes are trashed and way to expensive, but I may have to deal with it, I'm also going to go to moto-cyco world again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts