Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't get into Chat last night. I kept getting the message "IRC Server actually unreachable". Anyone else have this problem?

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes I was booted right after it got started and I could not get back in thru the web site or Mirc.

------------------
RLJ3RD
"The only thing worse than regret is not trying"

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Unfortunately as most of you know, we have no control over the IRC servers. If you are mIRC savvy, you can change the server to one of the following through the connections options:
irc.eskimo.com
irc.dragondata.com
or any other NEWNET server (there is a list in the connections page).

These will get you into the same IRC network thus allowing you access to the #sportbikeworld channel.

If you only have access to the web browser, we have tried several times to modify the code to switch to a different server, and have not been succesful. We'll keep at it though and see what we can do.

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e
"Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and f**k the prom queen!" - Sean Connery

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will, yeah, I was just curious to know if it was my computer/ISP or IRC. Thanks for the options.

And Lee, thanks for letting me know you had problems too.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Will,

I'm in the process of searching for a different web based irc chat program. I'll let everyone know when I find something.

------------------
Robert Basil
It ain't easy being green - Kermit the frog
But it sure is fun! - Robert Basil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts