Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have an '01 929 about 2,000 miles.. Since I got it it has a problem of the battery running out. Been to the dealer 4 times and they ran all the tests and found nothing..

The problem is this. I'll go for a long ride.. like 50 miles and when I get there and want to start up again, the battery is out. .I'll push start, run for a while and it wont rechrage the cell.. When I tried to go with low beams, it seems to work fine, even to rechrge teh battery.

My simpleton analysis is that basically either the bike is not producing enough juice to charge the cell when the high is on, or that there is an abnormally high draw from the high bean..

Any suggestions?? please help..

Thanks, Bumble..

·
Registered
443 Posts
Maybe a faulty alternator.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Sounds like the voltage reg/ret is bad. I would also make them replace the battery, it's not good to completely run them out of juice. Definitely not 4 times anyway. have they ck'd ac going to the regulator also.

·
Registered
443 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
naefearjustbeer said:
Its a Honda:D :D :D :D
(joke)
I wondered how long it would take to intice someone for that reply.. Yeah yeah.. I had 3 CBR's, then a Geeeeeeeezer and back onto a CBR.. see a patter??? .. anyway thanks for the replies, I'll take it down to the dealer and let you know..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts