Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my bike in for service and I'm very unhappy. I had some problems this weekend, battery was not holding it's charge. I took the bike to them since I was happy with how they treated me when I purchased it.

They discovered a bad rectifier and a fried wiring harness. All was cool until they told me my warranty Would Not cover it. They were quick to blame my aftermarket alarm as the culprit. The alarms tolerance of drain is no more than 4mA of current! I tried talking to the service rep, then the service manager, just to be told they'd call the warranty company and would give me the final decision. They want to charge me close to $1000 for the parts and labor. That's $150 for the rectifier, $500 for the wiring harness, and the rest for labor! What a rip off. Anyone got a good recommendation for a dealer?

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a really good experience when I took my f4i to North Valley Honda. Im in Gilbert too, so it's far and its a Honda dealer....by the way, do you live in the Islands?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I don't live in the Islands, don't where that is. I live off Higley.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Well, after being denied coverage by the actual warranty company I spoke to the Service Manager at Champion and had a LONG (1hr)discussion. I basically broke it down to my knowlege of Electronics (I work for a large semi condutor company and have a degree in Electronic Engineering). I asked many question they couldn't answer and proved that there was no way they can isolate the problem to my alarm. To make a long story short he (manager) complimented me on my electronic trouble-shooting knowledge and appologized. Best of all they are installing a new rectifier, wiring harness, and battery for the price of a handshake and a smile. How sweet is that!!! It's nice to see that there are people out there that can admit when they are wrong.

Rich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts