Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put chain lube on today and the nozzle on the can was messed up and sprayed chain lube all over my back tire. Any ideas on how to get it off? Its extremley slick (hence the lube...)so I don't really want to ride until its off.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Get a couple of mates to hold the bike and smoke 'er up! Get them to lean it over each way to scrub the sides, too!

j/k, please don't actually do this. If you do, take pic's! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe my bike would go "down-under." Haven't smoked the tires yet, don't think nows a good time to start.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I think it's time to buy a pressure washer, they are incredibly handy for washing the bike, your car, kids really everything that gets dirty. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Put a samll amount of WD40 on a cloth wipe off lube or get a rasp file on the area to roughen up better than smoking your tyre:)

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
I think it's time to buy a pressure washer, they are incredibly handy for washing the bike, your car, kids really everything that gets dirty. :D
I'm not sure I'd use it Captain Winky either :twofinger

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Put a samll amount of WD40 on a cloth wipe off lube or get a rasp file on the area to roughen up better than smoking your tyre:)
please dont use WD-40 to remove the lube (wd-40 is a lube of sorts). OMG, you guys wanna get this guy killed once he leans it over in a turn? dish soap, wash the tire, some degreaser and scrub it, then rinse off and it will be good as new.

·
Registered
452 Posts
burnout :burnout:

·
Registered
47 Posts
please dont use WD-40 to remove the lube (wd-40 is a lube of sorts). OMG, you guys wanna get this guy killed once he leans it over in a turn? dish soap, wash the tire, some degreaser and scrub it, then rinse off and it will be good as new.
Slight over reaction, as if any biker would want to kill another, but yes your correct all residue should be removed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts